Wouldn't Greg Jackson and the rest of Jones camp HAVE to have known he was doing steroids?

I have little to no inside knowledge of the inner workings of Jackson-Winklejohn and whether more or less of their guys are on PED and their involvement in that, but that said, an individual fighter could easily obtain steroids from an outside source and then secretly take them in private without the trainers knowing about it. My best guess is that Jackson is not a dumb guy and even if he suspects that some of his guys are using, he would make sure to stay as far away as possible from that in order to lessen his own liability in any of that.

Bottom line is, these coaches know what the human body is capable of. And when someone is exceeding it day after day in training, they know why.

It's interesting how many big name guys who have trained at Jackson's have been involved in some sort of controversy, either before or after their stint there.

Overeem, Carwin, BJ, Cowboy, Yoel, Jon...maybe there are more I'm unaware of but just a funny coincidence.

<Fedor23>
To be fair, the greater the number of fighters, the higher the chance is to have a higher number of anything, whether it's current or former champions, or guys who've been busted for doping offenses.

Forgot about Frank. Was gonna say Nate, but I couldn't remember if he trained at JW or just with Trevor Wittman in CO.
As I recall it, he was at Jackson's before the UFC, but by the time he was in the UFC, he was training full time in Colorado with Wittman, and was only occasionally training at Jackson's in New Mexico. And while I believe Jackson was in his corner for some of his earlier UFC fights, in his more recent fights I've just seen Wittman and not Jackson in his corner.

If I had a gym, I would assume that most of my fighters were doing shit but I would not be complicit in it whatsoever.

Jones is really really good at lying, so yea he could have hidden it
Did you hear Jones on the JR podcast? Nah, he's not good a lying at all.

He's terrible at lying. He just lies a lot and the people around him have financial interest to believe him.

I always assumed that when a fighter is juicing his coaches know about it, it wouldn't be very smart to use ped's without telling anyone
A lot of times the big fighters will bring in their own guys to the gym that just work with them. This is what happened when Overeem was with the Blackzilians. Overeem also had a personal physician who testified that he gave Overeem the injection which made him piss hot. So guys can have their own personal trainers and doctors, it doesn't necessarily need to be people who are officially with the gym they train at. I will say that since Reem has been with Jackson, he's noticeably less muscular and has better stamina, and supposedly he has a different arrangement at Jackson where he works with their guys instead of bringing in his own guys, and he hasn't pissed hot since then.

gleisontibau_antoniopezao_instagram.jpg

Do you all expect this to be some 80s karate movie where the sensei is too honorable to train such a student? No Jon, you have disgraced me and the martial arts. I can no longer train you. I know you are on something. GTFO. That man wants his pay check and doesn't want to know if his guys are on gear.

Do you all expect this to be some 80s karate movie where the sensei is too honorable to train such a student? No Jon, you have disgraced me and the martial arts. I can no longer train you. I know you are on something. GTFO. That man wants his pay check and doesn't want to know if his guys are on gear.

I `d even say in many teams fighters get actively encouraged to take PEDs because the gym profits directly from that. There recently was a european fighter who left ATT because of rampant doping.

Fighter pays the drugs and gym gets much more money. Its a win win for the team. Jones paygrade being the GOAT or being a midlevel UFC fighter. Its worlds apart and yes it does make such a big difference.

Jackson and the team are not upset that he took PEDs but that he got caught. Their statement is obvious. It means their methods of avoiding positive tests are not good enough.

Last edited:
You think Jackson has telepathy or 24/7 cameras on Jones or some special dog nose to smell PEDs?

You dont need all that if you are actively involved in all of it.

Frank Mir changed to Jacksons and also tested positive for the exact same steroid after that.
Its very obvious this is handled on a team level and they did not realise their doping regime
was outdated with new testing methods coming up.

Jacksons and ATT are as shady as they come.

"USADA rolls in to Jackson's gym to do a test on Jon Jones and there were only some coaches in there and Jon, there were like five people in there at the time. Where they parked, he can see them coming, so they know what to do with him. They hide him underneath the cage. Jon Jones hides under the cage. They say, 'Jon, we don't know where he is,' and this is before we were enrolled in the program and he did not need to disclose his whereabouts. At the same time, if they show up and find you, you must test. If they can't find you, you didn't have to test back then. They wanted to get a warrant to go under that ring, under the theory that at some point in that 6-8 hour span, he would have had to pee. They wanted to go under forensically and collect that urine. That's how upset they were that they had been had."

Coming from Shale? I'll pass on that bullshit. Another source plz.

I mean its like not like Jon would be taking his needle to the gym you know "hey sorry Greg give me 10 so I can go to the bathroom and shoot myself" he probably did it at home with his brother telling him how to do it.

Yeah performance wise maybe they could tell, but its not a legitimate proof. Im sure there was a lot of "looking the other way" type of deal

The sooner the MMA world rids itself of Jackson the better

It is not extinct since the 70s. Athletes were still caught using it in the Olympics in 2008 and 2012. They just developed a better way of testing for it.

https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-sa...i-doping-test-at-beijing-2008-and-london-2012

You're welcome :)
If only people here would read everything... Obviously the drug isn't extinct, even halodrol was a precursor of turinabol, my point was it isn't some secret underground drug like that lad claimed, that only NFL teams would have access too, it's been around for years.

Thanks for the cheese.

If he knowingly took steroids he could easily hide it from everyone.

Millions of people hide their dependence on or willingness to do drugs every day.

of course they did, so did his agent, malki whatever. they're all pretending

If he knowingly took steroids he could easily hide it from everyone.

Millions of people hide their dependence on or willingness to do drugs every day.
Yeah I had a horrible sports gambling addiction and lost pretty much every penny every week of my paycheck when I was younger and living at home. I did this for about a year without a single human noticing anything different, I was really good at hiding my anger. I finally flipped after building my account to 25K and losing it in one day before anyone even knew I was betting.

Back