Would you want there to be an afterlife?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Would you want there to be an afterlife? Let's pick the Christian version since it's what we're most knowledgeable about.

If you're a good person, you go to Heaven.

If you're a piece of shit, you go to Hell.

Would you prefer this over ceasing to exist after dying?

Absolutely. A lot of friends and relatives have passed over my lifetime. I would like to think one day I could speak with them again.

Would you want there to be an afterlife? Let's pick the Christian version since it's what we're most knowledgeable about.

You aren't that knowledgeable about Christianity as you think. You got it wrong. You can be a totally bad person who rapes children and go to heaven as long as you "accept Christ." And you can be an awesome person who completely commits your life to helping others and go to hell for being like a Muslim or buddhist or something.

The real thought is that hell does not exist. That it was hyperboli and allegory. The real thought from reading Scriptures is that the "bad" people 1) cease existing 2) spend eternity separated from God and everyone else.

PS It does not matter if you are a good person or not, it is do you have faith in Jesus that saves one. But since you are knowledgeable about christianity you should know this.

PPS Eternity is a scary thing. But not existing might even be worse.

You aren't that knowledgeable about Christianity as you think. You got it wrong. You can be a totally bad person who rapes children and go to heaven as long as you "accept Christ." And you can be an awesome person who completely commits your life to helpings others and go to hell for your like a Muslim or buddhist or something.

nope, wrong, you have to have faith in Jesus. If you go around raping and etc how is that any faith? Faith is not just saying something.
I think having real faith in Jesus is a very hard thing and impossible if you are being a real piece of shit.

you should not be lecturing anyone on christianity because you don't understand one of its main principles.

"accept christ" --- holy shit do you talk about the trajectory of a baseball without even taking basic math let alone any bit of physics?

Anyway, no I don't want the Chri
The real thought is that hell does not exist. That it was hyperboli and allegory. The real thought from reading Scriptures is that the "bad" people 1) cease existing 2) spend eternity separated from God and everyone else.

PS It does not matter if you are a good person or not, it is do you have faith in Jesus that saves one. But since you are knowledgeable about christianity you should know this.

nope, wrong, you have to have faith in Jesus. If you go around raping and etc how is that any faith? Faith is not just saying something.
I think having real faith in Jesus is a very hard thing and impossible if you are being a real piece of shit.

you should not be lecturing anyone on christianity because you don't understand one of its main principles.

"accept christ" --- holy shit do you talk about the trajectory of a baseball without even taking basic math let alone any bit of physics?

Well I know this. Most the people I love and care about are atheist or agnostic, so they will be brurally tortured for eternity.

So no, I don't want the Christian version of afterlife to be real.

Well I know this. Most the people I love and care about are atheist or agnostic, so they will be brurally tortured for eternity.

So no, I don't want the Christian version of afterlife to be real.

Did you even read what you quoted???? The real evidence supports no more existing....which is what atheists believe or possible separation which is not fun. So they have a 50 50.

Not the Christian afterlife. In my opinion, no human being, regardless of what they have done, deserves an eternity in Hell. Maybe they might deserve thousands of years or possibly millions but an eternity is just obscene.

BTW, Jews sacrificed animals to absolve sin. Romans taxed this and used Jewish hiearchey to do it. Peasants couldn't afford to sacrifice big cows and thus their sins weren't being absolved. But richer Jews could pay for bigger sacrifices and sacrifice on poorer Jews behalf as long as they accepted the sacrifice as being on their behalf.

Jesus was pissed and so he did the sacrifice of all sacrifices. He sacrificed himself and your sins are absolved as long as you ACCEPT his sacrifice. So your child rape sins can be absolved too.

Haha, random but I like DBZ's version of the after life.

Did you even read what you quoted???? The real evidence supports no more existing....which is what atheists believe or possible separation which is not fun. So they have a 50 50.

You act like your Christian faith is the only faith these days. The Christians near me still heavily believe in fire and brimstone hell.

I already paid upfront & secured my ticket to San Junipero.

Nothingness and living for eternity both sound awful. LOSE LOSE!

31ae0b1145053a6623eb8eb3a930b68c.jpg

I had a surgery last year for deviated septum in my nose. I was knocked out for a few hours and when I woke up and realized how those few hours were completely blank and gone from my life, it was an extremely uneasy and scary feeling. It was nothing like normal sleep but much different. Ceasing to exists would fucking suck.

Not the Christian afterlife. In my opinion, no human being, regardless of what they have done, deserves an eternity in Hell. Maybe they might deserve thousands of years or possibly millions but an eternity is just obscene.

Especially when you factor in that free will is largely an illusion. Look at serial killers or pedos. They typically have massively dysfunctional brains. Do they deserve an eternity of suffering for being born with faulty equipment? Much of what we think of as "evil" is really insanity, which is largely genetic.

To op, your options are too simple. Good and evil are not so easily defined. In your scenario I suppose I would go to hell. I think I'm a relatively "good" person, but I have zero faith in god. Which = hell according to the bible. So I guess I'd say no. non existence has to be better than eternal suffering.

Religion is pretty goofy.

I'd prefer Hell because I'm assuming people in Heaven will be a bunch of uptight and judgemental assholes vs. Hell, where people I'd assume would be more fun in general and probably hotter women, too.

Absolutely. A lot of friends and relatives have passed over my lifetime. I would like to think one day I could speak with them again.

Look at the other way ..... What if you get there and half of them arent there ? How would that sit with ya ?

Also what if you get to heaven and it sucks and is boring ?

I think cease to exist sounds like a better option than eternity.

I also think reincarnation would be better

Back