Would you take Steroids for fame and fortune?

Haha is this even a question

Every fucking time I would

If your taking steroids just to look good to get girls and impress the boys
Your a goon, period.

The movie stars and big time athletes that take them under strict doctor supervision, to make big bucks to set themselves up for life financially
Makes all the sense in the world

When they hit 50 and their heart starts giving them shit, no problem pay the best surgeon to sort you out

But some painter and decorator that takes tren just to over compensate his lack of social skills, when his heart starts giving him shit he won't be able to do shit about it

To me it's kinda like....everything is a competition and most people need an edge that aren't naturally athletically talented or have hi IQ's.

Like how some people cheat the ACT, or SAT to get into the college they want, not some community college. Or how women compete against other women with the hideous, terrible, awful lie that is women's cosmetics, or Make up. IMO......Make up should be outlawed on the first date I digress. and the fake boobs, the nose jobs (rant over)

Take us guys we're competing with each other for pecking order, good looking women, jobs.

And for some guys that don't have big bank accounts being swole and ripped may be the delineating factor on whether the girl you want, picks you or the other dude(or dudes) she's fucking.

so much to ponder really.

For steroid use take for example the guy in AA or AAA that's right there from a skill stand point but his OPS, and slugging PCT is shit. if I was there and have been toiling in the minors for years without a call up Fuck it what do I have to lose.

In MMA quick story. I've sparred and rolled against War Machine(RIP) many times and yes I thoroughly disinfected myself, and burned my rash guard after every training session. Now I outweighed this fool by about a hundred pounds and when he was cycling..... it felt like I was rolling with a got damn chimp, he was so strong.

the same argument GSP stated about his competition over the years I know I'm all over the place..... try to forgive me, i'm bored at work.

fuck yes. steroids, dick pills, a horseshoe in my glove, whatever it takes

Not steroids but I would take certain drugs to help me artistically.

Or perhaps we should dismiss all musicians and artists that have used LSD to reach a higher peak of artistic impression

Art is not a competition, please try to think more.

Sports would be (or already are) a lot better juiced to the gills but there's a reason why we have to try to keep PEDs out of sports. First of all, it's cheating. (Is it cheating if everyone's doing it? Maybe not but...) Secondly, and most importantly, most PEDs are illegal without a prescription and steroids are a federally controlled substance. Trafficking or enabling the use of which is a felony. Sports organizations would have to openly flaunt federal laws to provide or encourage its athletes to dope. Unless the laws were changed to accommodate athletes. If we changed the laws to accommodate athletes and normalized PED use in sports, not only would the health of the athletes be at risk, but also the millions of kids who play sports and idolize pro athletes. If their favorite player is on roids and is glorified for it, they're going to want to do the same thing. And as crazy as sports parents are these days, you're going to have thousands of young kids on gear. This isn't a good outcome so really, the only choice is to try to keep PEDs out of pro sports or at the very least, bust someone every once in a while and shame them for cheating.

good post.

I've considered putting my son on 6-OXO a permanently binding estrogen blocker for his wrestling season. but I don't want him to roid out and go all Menendez brothers on me in my sleep (joke people)

You mentioned crazy sports parents..... as a psycho wrestling Dad I've been to tournaments when some of these lil fuckers seem to be on something maybe creatine, or I don't know what the fuck. But a shredded 9 year old with lats, and traps is unnatural imo especially since a pre puberty boy isn't even producing the amount of TEST he'd need to have a "physique".

I remember idolizing Schwarzenegger, Hogan, Hawk & Animal, The Ultimate Warrior, Stallone. and wanted physiques like those dudes. and though I never tried the hard core illegal stuff I dabbled with oral anotesten way back in my younger years. anyway when I first started MMA if someone were to promise me a shot at Mark Kerr, or Severn, or Mark Coleman and to compete I needed Gear I would have.

good post.

I've considered putting my son on 6-OXO a permanently binding estrogen blocker for his wrestling season. but I don't want him to roid out and go all Menendez brothers on me in my sleep (joke people)

You mentioned crazy sports parents..... as a psycho wrestling Dad I've been to tournaments when some of these lil fuckers seem to be on something maybe creatine, or I don't know what the fuck. But a shredded 9 year old with lats, and traps is unnatural imo especially since a pre puberty boy isn't even producing the amount of TEST he'd need to have a "physique".

I remember idolizing Schwarzenegger, Hogan, Hawk & Animal, The Ultimate Warrior, Stallone. and wanted physiques like those dudes. and though I never tried the hard core illegal stuff I dabbled with oral anotesten way back in my younger years. anyway when I first started MMA if someone were to promise me a shot at Mark Kerr, or Severn, or Mark Coleman and to compete I needed Gear I would have.
Yeah, kids all develop at different times. My kid's a pretty big 11 year old but sometimes it looks like she's competing against high schoolers. I could understand if one was a literally crazy parent that they would feel they had to do something to even the playing field when all they really need to do is wait for their kid's time to physically develop.

That's kind of a false dilemma.

Yes, some have earned fame and fortune by climbing to the top of their sport while eluding doping controls. But nothing says that you will hit the jackpot before you get busted, humiliated, and have your career ruined.

Jones is a rare bird in that he had the talent and achieved glory before it all came crashing down on him. It is much more likely however, that a fighter gets busted on his way up the ranks, or is just not good enough to ever reach that championship level, even with the help of PEDs.

So what happens then? The time and passion you invested is flushed down the toilet, your ability to make a living is potentially compromised, your career is over. And you don't have the fame and fortune to soften the blow.

It's also important to remember that Jones' run happened in the pre-USADA era. Now it seems that even top level fighters like Jones, with a very well organized doping team behind them can't elude the controls with any confidence. I don't buy Kellerman's BS about Jones and his team being 'arrogant' or 'sloppy'. I'm sure they had their routine down to a science. It just isn't as easy to cheat now as it used to be.

People Like Jon Jones, Barry Bonds, A Rod are frustrating because imho they don't or didn't need the competitive edge that Juice or what you millneals call "gear" provides to have had hall of Fame careers.

But take Arnold Schwarzenegger( I know I know hear me out) essentially the physique that made him famous was due in most part to discipline and hardwork for sure. However the man we grew up idolizing also used copious amounts of roids. no one really gives him shit about it. maybe we start looking at as sports for what it is entertainment. and let these dudes juice away.

WWF hero's growing up almost all were juicing esp Hogan

Lance Armstrong

so many PRIDE F/C and UFC fighters to name but you've got Royce, Anderson, Lesnar, Jon Jones, and the TRT crew

Bonds,Sosa,Palmiero,

Marion Jones, most of the Russian Olympic Team.

anyway would you juice for fame and fortune?

TBH....I would

I've taken steroids in the past. Yes I would take stuff for fame and fortune.
Nobody has ever died directly from roids. I'm not pro steroids nor do I con them, but they are relatively save. A lot off people (by coefficient) die because of neurofen that they misdosed.

If you want a fair chance at a world title, you will have to use them. They give you that little edge. Alongside top nutrition and training of course. Steroids will give you an extra bonus.

I will never understand the problem of using steroids in a comp. setting.

Nobody has ever died directly from roids. I'm not pro steroids nor do I con them, but they are relatively save. A lot off people (by coefficient) die because of neurofen that they misdosed.

If you want a fair chance at a world title, you will have to use them. They give you that little edge. Alongside top nutrition and training of course. Steroids will give you an extra bonus.

Interesting take, I tend to agree with what you're saying here, for the most part.

I'd like to add, steroids don't teach you technique. They won't develop your balance to throw a great high kick, or your ability to take a punch.

PEDs, while beneficial, won't give you championship heart.

I would take them for bitches and vanity if I didn't think my hair would fall out

I'd take steroids just for the fuck of it if they didn't do anything bad to my body long term.

Interesting take, I tend to agree with what you're saying here, for the most part.

I'd like to add, steroids don't teach you technique. They won't develop your balance to throw a great high kick, or your ability to take a punch.

PEDs, while beneficial, won't give you championship heart.
True that. I can take a pharmacie, won't matter. I will never become a champion I just don't care enough about it.
Fuck waking up at 4AM to go running lol.
This video is pretty much what I think of it. Word for word.

Not steroids but I would take certain drugs to help me artistically.

Or perhaps we should dismiss all musicians and artists that have used LSD to reach a higher peak of artistic impression

Large corporations pay million dollar fines to do scandalous shit to make billions of dollars in earnings. Cost of doing business.
At some point the roiding is +ROI% and the risk is worth it, so I can understand why athletes do it. But I wouldn't do it because I don't like sticking needles in my poop chute.

fuck yes. steroids, dick pills, a horseshoe in my glove, whatever it takes
i think thats a horseshoe up your ass,which you might be ok with,personal I'm not. but the steroids and dick pills i haven't got a problem with.

big up for the honesty bro hope mma works out for you

Back