Would you receive an organ of an absolutely despicable person?

That's an awesome question. I really like it.

I wouldn't take it. I love my life but it would bother me to know I have an organ (can't figure out how to write that with out eliciting gay jokes) of such a bad person inside of me. Sort of like I'm helping to keep part of them alive.

I couldn't do it on principal. I'd have to die

EDIT: there are levels of despicable that I am willing to accept but not from a child rapist.
That's an interesting mindset. You could argue the only organ that is actually "them" is the brain though

Best if they removed his organs while still alive to see how long he could live without them. Start with a kidney. Wait a day, take out a lung, wait a couple days, remove the spleen, then gallbladder. Then finally the second kidney and liver and clock how long it takes him to die.

I would take organs from a bad person, but not a really ugly or smelly person

That's an interesting mindset. You could argue the only organ that is actually "them" is the brain though

True. Logically speaking I would basically agree with you but not all my views are based on logic. Sometimes I just have to go with how I feel. There would be a part of me that wouldn't feel right and I don't think I could logically explain myself into acceptance.

I'm a single, 36 year old, average looking, average intelligence, American male. I'm God damn invincible so I shouldn't have to face this conundrum in real life.

Its a solid question though. I enjoyed it.

We talking rasputin's dong?

Dr.: We've found you a new heart...you're going to live.
Patient: Did it come from quality stock?
Dr.: The fuck?

Beggars can't be choosers. If you are turning down organs, you probably don't need them.

Memory transference in organ transplant recipients

http://www.namahjournal.com/doc/Act...organ-transplant-recipients-vol-19-iss-1.html

I've read a few articles about the above phenomena. While some studies have shown personality changes to be statistically insignificant, and unproven, there still remains a bunch of interesting cases.

1-_hell_toupee.png

Ill take the heart of a murderer. Give them a shot at a second chance.

Why not?
Especially if it helps to kill him.
Taking his kidney or whatever at least lets one good thing come out of his shitty existence.

That's what China did with prisoners until they stopped for some reason.

I don't see why you wouldn't?

A kidney is a kidney.

Pretty sure there's a movie like this...
The_Hands_of_Orlac_VideoCover.png

No, pull the plug. Also if the organ is from some average person, pull the plug. Gimme my out don’t get in my way

Yeah, it's just an organ. If their organs are healthy, either I can use them or they will rot in the ground. Might as well not be wasteful.

Like, hand it to me on the street? Heck, that thing probably came from some poor account exec lying in a tubful of ice right now.

<{vega}>

I haven't seen whatever Simpson's episode that is. So I have no idea what that image is supposed to mean, or what it has to do with my post.

How old are you?

I like to be thankful for life and those who have helped me along the way. Couldn't take life from this animal.

Back