Would you rather see a draw instead of a robbery?

sssleeper

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hardly an event goes by with out some outcry over at least one decision that transpired on the card.

Within the rules; it's perfectly acceptable to award a 10-10 but sometimes it seems like the judges are so unsure that they just flip a coin as to who to award the 10 and 9 points to after each round. Would you like it to be encouraged, to a degree, that if the judges are really unsure who won the round that they should score it a 10-10?

Obviously, this would result in more draws, but would you rather a fighter who has spent months training for a fight have a draw (at the very least) on his or her record instead of a highly-disputed loss? Is walking away with a draw better than being robbed and having that forever on your record?

Yep

ALOT of folks get super pissed at draws, but if it's a close fight, I have zero issues with it.

a draw isnt inherently a bad fight. it can be action packed back and forth and both sides do similar damage so its judged a draw.

It would obviously be better for the fighter that got screwed.

But, it would cause such a shitstorm of logjams almost everywhere. If all of a sudden these " robberies " became draws.

They actually happen often enough, imo. That I'm sure it would cause a standstill in alot of the divisions.

So, that's a dbl edge sword.

But, ppl getting robbed, is serious bullshit.

I'm probably gonna be biased depends on who's fighting, but in general yes.

if it's a legit draw you get a better chance of a rematch

give me that

Sure, if it was a good fight...run it back after a draw. If it's a shitty fight, give someone a win and move on.

Depends who I'm rooting for and who's gettin the robbery

Hardly an event goes by with out some outcry over at least one decision that transpired on the card.

Within the rules; it's perfectly acceptable to award a 10-10 but sometimes it seems like the judges are so unsure that they just flip a coin as to who to award the 10 and 9 points to after each round. Would you like it to be encouraged, to a degree, that if the judges are really unsure who won the round that they should score it a 10-10?

Obviously, this would result in more draws, but would you rather a fighter who has spent months training for a fight have a draw (at the very least) on his or her record instead of a highly-disputed loss? Is walking away with a draw better than being robbed and having that forever on your record?

100% I would like to see more 10-10 rounds. A perfect example of why is the recent Betch Correira/Marion Renau fight where we saw two close rounds.....I know for sure round 1 was even , but three was a complete blow out and Renau was clearly the better fighter and won the fight. But two 10-9s for Betch and a 10-8 makes it a draw.

If it is close enough to be a draw, then it necessarily can’t be a robbery.

Nope 10-10 should never be given.

Someone has to get the 9 or 8, etc

Close fights are only robberies if your fighter lost. Another word is called great fight.

I am down for draws as long as they don't lead to automatic rematches in non-title fights.

Always. My preferred scoring criteria is to award a 10-10 unless objectively and subjectively any and all viewers (okay.. maybe a bit too strict, but still some very large majority that dwarfs dissenters) would agree who a round should go to. The reasoning I've heard such scoring criteria disliked most often is because people just "don't like draws".

Back