would you rather deadlift 600lbs or master one arm pull Up?

I guess I'm the only in the one armed chin up camp. I'm into rock climbing and at some point I need to be able to do this --- ideally with a two finger grip.

Me too. But I am in Jedi training, so I want to do it with a no finger grip.

You can see he lost it because of grip slippage. Definitely would've done it with straps. Monstrous attempt nonetheless.

I guess we have different opinions on what is impressive.

Can anyone on the forum who's over 200lbs currently do a strict one arm pullup? That would be cool to see.

Can anyone on the forum who's over 200lbs currently do a strict one arm pullup? That would be cool to see.
All Sherdoggers are over 200lbs, and can do that

All Sherdoggers are over 200lbs, and can do that
I forgot where I was for a second! Won't happen again sir.

Seriously though, anyone? :D

After several shoulder dislocations I can't really do any crazy stuff like that anymore.

I'm 6'4 260. I have a vertebrae that is pushed in and twisted in my lumbar spine. Deadlifts were never my strong suit due to my height. Add that injury into it and it is not even worth doing; I'll only hurt myself that much more.

I haven't dislocated my shoulder, but I separated it twice. My front tire popped off my mountain bike while I was going full speed and I landed on my shoulder on the side walk. Second time in judo.

I know everyone loves the dead lift now, but I don't find it all that practical unless you want to get into Olympic lifting. There are plenty of safer ways to train. You more or less have to have to be built a certain way to do it from the ground and have optimal posture.

I'd love to be able to do a one arm pullup, but I'd have to lose weight for that.

Edit: I also got a sports hernia from deadlifting about seven years ago.

I'm 6'4 260. I have a vertebrae that is pushed in and twisted in my lumbar spine. Deadlifts were never my strong suit due to my height. Add that injury into it and it is not even worth doing; I'll only hurt myself that much more.

I haven't dislocated my shoulder, but I separated it twice. My front tire popped off my mountain bike while I was going full speed and I landed on my shoulder on the side walk. Second time in judo.

I know everyone loves the dead lift now, but I don't find it all that practical unless you want to get into Olympic lifting. There are plenty of safer ways to train. You more or less have to have to be built a certain way to do it from the ground and have optimal posture.

I'd love to be able to do a one arm pullup, but I'd have to lose weight for that.

Edit: I also got a sports hernia from deadlifting about seven years ago.

Not trying to sound ignorant, but what's a sports hernia? Legit question.

Not trying to sound ignorant, but what's a sports hernia? Legit question.

It's a broad term for a hernia you'd get in your groin doing some sort of athletic activity. For me, I went to lift the bar off the ground, lost my balance, twisted a bit and pop.

It's basically an inguinal hernia. I had it on the left side. Eventually I'll have to have the right side operated on too as there is a small tear there as well.

I was 36 when it happened. It can happen at any age. I had a friend have it happen to him in high school back when you had to stay in the hospital for a week or more. Now it's day surgery.

It's honestly one of my biggest fears. I have a small umbilical hernia that I've had for years. Doc told me just let it be but no other issues thankfully. Were there any warning signs?

I did it at like 210, I'll give it a shot tomorrow or Wednesday. Fwiw I'm about 230 now so...hopes are not high.

It's honestly one of my biggest fears. I have a small umbilical hernia that I've had for years. Doc told me just let it be but no other issues thankfully. Were there any warning signs?

Zero.

I don't even know how the other side has a small tear in it. If I push against my pelvic wall hard, I can feel it.

I played a full season of softball before having surgery on it. It was manageable but the surgeon didn't think it was urgent to have it repaired and said it was fine to play ball and do judo. I think I was about six months like that before I had it done.

I didn't feel so bad about my situation when I was watching one of the Athlean X videos with Jeff Caveliere and he was talking about his hernia surgery and it was similar to my situation where he had one side repaired and knows he has to get the other side down somewhere down the line. Just goes to show you no matter how good or bad of shape you are in, it can happen if you have a weakness in your abdominal wall.

Don't forget 8% bodyfat and 12" dong.
Its
  • 6'5
  • 300lbs @ 4% bodyfat
  • 15" shlong
  • 10/10 aesthetics
  • benches teh 275
  • have secks with Boise + LA dimes for 144h straight every time
  • street fighting god at 500-0-1
  • Poon smashing record = 600 slays
  • Could be UFC undefeated GOATs but Dana White wants to protect his fighters so we can never compete
  • makes over 500k/yr while under 35
@Sano

Zero.

I don't even know how the other side has a small tear in it. If I push against my pelvic wall hard, I can feel it.

I played a full season of softball before having surgery on it. It was manageable but the surgeon didn't think it was urgent to have it repaired and said it was fine to play ball and do judo. I think I was about six months like that before I had it done.

I didn't feel so bad about my situation when I was watching one of the Athlean X videos with Jeff Caveliere and he was talking about his hernia surgery and it was similar to my situation where he had one side repaired and knows he has to get the other side down somewhere down the line. Just goes to show you no matter how good or bad of shape you are in, it can happen if you have a weakness in your abdominal wall.

Glad you were able to overcome it. How long were you out of the gym?

I will take the delilift pls, provided it's raw. NZ record get at me baby.

Its
  • 6'5
  • 300lbs @ 4% bodyfat
  • 15" shlong
  • 10/10 aesthetics
  • benches teh 275
  • have secks with Boise + LA dimes for 144h straight every time
  • street fighting god at 500-0-1
  • Poon smashing record = 600 slays
  • Could be UFC undefeated GOATs but Dana White wants to protect his fighters so we can never compete
  • makes over 500k/yr while under 35
@Sano
Ha wtf, are you my twin? Crazy.

Back