would you rather deadlift 600lbs or master one arm pull Up?

600lb deadlift without a doubt, that'd be just shy of 4x bodyweight for me. Not to mention the carry over to other things.

One arm pull up, eh.

gifs so gay thats....sad.

I mean, so?

lol

anyway i don't care about the online anonymous ego.
my weight is 68 kg and i look very unhealthy, happy?

I'm 5'10". I got down to 145 lbs once in my life. In high school wrestling there was an open spot on the varsity wrestling team at 145. I made it and wrestled a few matches at that weight. I was emaciated and extremely weak. I finished the season at 153. I've always felt better and performed better at at least 175+ lbs.

Lay off. The proof is in the pudding with the 110 kg deadlift.

150lbs @ 5'10 is damn skinny

first guy is 179cm 68kg (149lbs)

second guy is 175cm 66kg (145lbs)

roma-player-gervinho-celebrates-his-goal-during-the-serie-a-match-as-picture-id494714958

2BD594F300000578-3216781-image-m-4_1441007882910.jpg

first guy is 179cm 68kg (149lbs)

second guy is 175cm 66kg (145lbs)

roma-player-gervinho-celebrates-his-goal-during-the-serie-a-match-as-picture-id494714958

2BD594F300000578-3216781-image-m-4_1441007882910.jpg
What was your point with this post? They still are pretty slim. One of my main training partners is 6' @ 150-160lbs, even then he's still pretty skinny. He is a good fighter, but I have no delusions of grandeur saying folks like him are massive.

I'm 5'10". I got down to 145 lbs once in my life. In high school wrestling there was an open spot on the varsity wrestling team at 145. I made it and wrestled a few matches at that weight. I was emaciated and extremely weak. I finished the season at 153. I've always felt better and performed better at at least 175+ lbs.
I'm the same actually. For some reason, my coach is obsessed with putting people into 145. I have never felt great at that weight (I even did 140 once, and felt I would've died). At 145 I felt weak, sick, and my body did bad for the following days to come.
Fast forward to this year, I spent this year bulking and regaining the strength I lost and things have never been better. I'm naturally about 175-185ish. Just because you can "make weight" doesn't mean its good for you.

People getting scared over a height advantage is stupid, esp. when its not even by alot. Oh your opponents are 2" taller? You need to get to Bantam then. This guy is 6' can you beat him? No? Then you have no business being over 145. You gassed out? Quit lifting weights and do more running, do 6km 6-7 days a week (Yeah, well maybe I'm gassing because there's nothing left. Can't make rent even after cutting everything down inc. groceries means something's very wrong).

The biggest indicator that something was wrong was when I was benching 225x3-6 regularly, and post-camp 6 months later, I struggled to do 135x4. That was the wake-up call to stop this nonsense and get back on track.

And here's what it looks like when someone is 180cm and walking around weight is 165 and cuts to 145 for a fight.
1048832_467595116656239_92360501_o__1_.jpg

Those guys obviously aren't unhealthy but they are also definitely skinny.

I guess I'm the only in the one armed chin up camp. I'm into rock climbing and at some point I need to be able to do this --- ideally with a two finger grip.

yeah to me being good at any athletic endeavor can be impressive, except those forever bulking out of shape kids who care only about how many kg u can lift.

I'l take the 600lbs deadlift, as the last 100lbs I'd (theoretically) need will probably take me long enough on their own.
And with the back strength of a 3xBW pull, a OAPU should only be a couple of weeks of skill progressions away.

How many guys who really work to achieve a one arm pull up don't accomplish the task in less than 18 months?

A 600lb pull is a real feat of strength, and has great carryover to other athletics. A one-arm pull up is a highly specialized trick that won't make you much stronger. It's accomplished mainly through practice and keeping a low body weight.

How much do you weigh?

I didn't see a deadlift there.

I think you forgot the word "attempt" at the end of your sentence.
You can see he lost it because of grip slippage. Definitely would've done it with straps. Monstrous attempt nonetheless.

Back