would you rather deadlift 600lbs or master one arm pull Up?

I would rather have a 600 pound pull which I did have that a few months ago

a one arm chinup really doesnt carryover to as much as a 600 pound pull of 500 pound squat

i mean i wouldnt knock anybody for the feat but it just isnt that applicable to much...its a cool party trick

How many guys who really work to achieve a one arm pull up don't accomplish the task in less than 18 months?

A 600lb pull is a real feat of strength, and has great carryover to other athletics. A one-arm pull up is a highly specialized trick that won't make you much stronger. It's accomplished mainly through practice and keeping a low body weight.

I feel like if you're deadlifting 600 lbs you should be able to one armed pull your bodyweight, so both.

I've done one-arm pullups without serious training. I've never been close to 600 pounds on the deadlift even during my competitive powerlifting years, so I'll take the 600 pull anyday. I blame my t-rex arms. Maybe for someone that weighs 250+ pounds a one-arm chin may be more impressive, but I always look at it as a party trick moreso than shear power. I always enjoyed random lifts though.

I used to do one arm pullup (2 reps right arm, 1 left) when I was competing in BJJ/MMA, but that was when I was walking around 135-138 lbs. Didn't really help much against people of average strength who had 40-50 lbs on me though. If I had 600 lb deadlift, I would definitely be above average in strength.

I feel like if you're deadlifting 600 lbs you should be able to one armed pull your bodyweight, so both.
Most guys who can pull 600 are 250lbs+. I'd wager a higher ratio of guys who can only pull 300 can 1-arm pull-up than guys who can pull 600.

Most guys who can pull 600 are 250lbs+. I'd wager a higher ratio of guys who can only pull 300 can 1-arm pull-up than guys who can pull 600.

I was about to say, my best is 635 but I can't do a one arm pull-up. Either way, I'll stick with my deadlifts.

600lb deadlift. Like another poster said, the 1 arm pullup doesn't have that much of a reward compared to the 600 dead aside from bragging rights with teh functional crowd

It's always useful to have the power to pick heavy things up off the ground. I'm trying to imagine scenarios where one-arm pullup power really counts. Maybe escaping a burning building while carrying a baby, and there's a rope I have to climb or something? Anyway, give me the DL power.

I'd rather do the one-arm, but I'm a skinny rock climber.

A 600lb pull is definitely the greater show of strength and harder to achieve for most people, unless you're a HW+

I did a one arm pullup at 102kg bodyweight and my deadlift was 170kg at the time. I'd much rather have a bigger deadlift, it's harder, takes more effort and time and therefore is more of an achievement.

Back