Would you prefer a UFC without USADA?

6.-Doping-In-MMA-Alistair-Overeem.jpg

MMA is supposed to be about REAL sport with skill and technique

but you americans got brought up on too many sylvester stallone homoerotic fantasies and think fighting is all about big muscles

go watch pro wrestling if that's the kind of spectacle you want
Really dude with that av?

but you americans got brought up on too many sylvester stallone homoerotic fantasies and think fighting is all about big muscles

False. Fedor ruled in a league that not only had legal steroids but encouraged their use. And Fedor was just a chubby small heavyweight. So try again.

Americans do not have some weird muscle fetish anymore than say Brazilians, Japanese, etc. Bob Sapp was huge in Japan and he was a muscle bound monster. The greatest of all time in Fedor was not the typical muscle bound steroid guy. Peds do more than just add muscle. Even mark Kerr had to admit the muscles aren't great for fighting because he had the cardio of a gerbil. Fighting is largely a marathon, not a sprint. You can't be too muscle bound. Then you have Poland ksw where pudzilla was a huge star because of his muscular body. So sit the fuck down. Rookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it boils down to a few factors of incompetence across the board. . USADA for the most part does a semi descent job catching folks. They could do better but its not easy to keep up with all the science and labs the cheaters got working for em. My real pet peeve is the commissions and the people who hand out the fines who make USADA look extremely bad and pointless to have around. .

Trying to fine guys 150+ grand for smoking weed and suspended 5 years and then letting Brock in. Catching him on real roids and giving him a slap on the wrist. When they pulled that shit it really made me question how professional and non bias the lot of em actually are. USADA did their job here. The powers that be fucked the dog big time when it came time to dealing with it.

If the UFC or commissions were serious about stopping cheats it would be no beating around the bush and be just like the Olympics... Should be banned for life if caught cheating and All revenue acquired from the fight you were caught cheating in taken back . Not a couple of months and a slap on the wrist. They literally make it worth it to cheat. It is worth the risk for the big names. It just seems like a facade at this point. Makes it look like the UFC and commissions care by having them around but the fines and suspensions show something contradictory. They make examples of certain people and give others a break. It is total bullshit and they are doing more harm then good. It should be ZERO TOLERANCE or nothing at all.

Basically without proper disciplinary action USADA is rather pointless to have at this point. Just seems like a never ending cycle of catching cheats in a sport that refuses to clean itself up.

I watched UFC 1 you? Not sure what that has to do with PED's.
You said peds were still not legal pre USADA. That is false. They were legal at one point in the UFC under the TRT program. It was sanctioned ped use. Hence TRT Vitor did what he did legally all within the rules.

1. We would have far fewer canceled fights, less injuries ect.
Sourced study showing that injuries have increased and more fights are cancelled since the start of the USADA program??

Trying to fine guys 150+ grand for smoking weed and suspended 5 years and then letting Brock in. Catching him on real roids and giving him a slap on the wrist. When they pulled that shit it really made me question how professional and non bias the lot of em actually are. USADA did their job here. The powers that be fucked the dog big time when it came time to dealing with it. .

That was Nevada athletic commission, despite the fact the samples analysed at SMRTL (The wada lab that USADA use) didnt even have Nick as positive

The same Nevada athletic commission that banned Cythia Calvillo for 9 months when USADA only gave her three

Bit like Texas that banned three fighters when they didnt even cross the USADA threshold

USADA have actually brought some sense to the cannabis regulations, higher threshold, short bans, made shorter if you do a drug awareness course.

Since USADA can't catch everyone then I'd rather them not be there.

If they could catch everyone then I'd appreciate them more.
Yeah, if annual physicals can't stop all diseases in everyone, then everyone should stop having physicals.

Anything that doesn't work 100% should be abandoned......We should get rid of seatbelts and handrails on staircases too.

giphy.gif

Fuck usada, I want Romero bringing brutality well into his 60s.

I don't care about muscles, i just want fighters throwing lead at matrix speeds and not gassing.

Yeah, if annual physicals can't stop all diseases in everyone, then everyone should stop having physicals.

Anything that doesn't work 100% should be abandoned......We should get rid of seatbelts and handrails on staircases too.

giphy.gif
I can't look at every situation individually?

Just because I look at case A one way means I'll look at case B the same?

Back