Would you like it if UFC was more like a real sport?

LegalizeMDMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Meaning, matchups follow some kind of a non-arbitrary standard system. #1 contender gets a title shot. Matchups are done according to rankings, not who called out out who on Twitter in the most insulting way and not on what the most money fight is. Champion has to defend against whoever is next in line; if you don't defend it within a certain period of time or proposed opponents you lose it, period. No temporarily jumping divisions - if you fight in another division then you have to fight at least next 5 fights there. No jumping divisions without giving up title. Kind of a system that they use in normal sports.

Can we just let the best guy win without all the fucking bullshit?

Ahhh maaaann we can only wish of a UFC world like this... unfortunately no the trash talking and stuff it part of it and I don’t mind some of it but since Conor everyone is trying to copy and make demands when they have no right to...

What if the number 2 guy loses like with Woodley/Thompson? Do you just keep him title shots?

What if the number 2 guy loses like with Woodley/Thompson? Do you just keep him title shots?

No but some kind of a sensible method can be devised for that. And yes, he should be given another shot after beating X other top guys for example.

Nah, fuck that.

that means boring wrasslers can keep being boring and be awarded title shots. Ain't nobody got time for dat...

I would like Arnim Zola's algorithm to handle the match making

I loved the old Bellator tournament format. Win the tournament, get a title shot.

Unfortunately most fans didn't.

I'm in the no camp as well.

Random events between random people are just meh for me.

It’s prizefighting so it shouldn’t be like a regular sport, but they should go away from this money/superfight approach cause it’s short sighted

It's fine the way it is. Some people are too difficult to please.
If people don't like it, they can stop watching.
Seems they just want something to criticize and complain about.

Not the ufc but if other alternative mma organisation came along and was like that, I'd love it

We could have the sport more merit based and the fighters could still trash talk as promotional tools. You would also think this would alleviate many of the headaches the promotion faces with whiny bitches, shifty agents and fighter drama in general.

I like the idea of putting much more weight into rankings. Only exceptions being short notice injury replacements and the like.

I don't agree with the bound to a weight class idea. Unless you do away with weight cutting, fighters sometimes need to experiment with what class is best for their bodies.

Meaning, matchups follow some kind of a non-arbitrary standard system. #1 contender gets a title shot. Matchups are done according to rankings, not who called out out who on Twitter in the most insulting way and not on what the most money fight is. Champion has to defend against whoever is next in line; if you don't defend it within a certain period of time or proposed opponents you lose it, period. No temporarily jumping divisions - if you fight in another division then you have to fight at least next 5 fights there. No jumping divisions without giving up title. Kind of a system that they use in normal sports.

Can we just let the best guy win without all the fucking bullshit?
dude your AV makes my mouth water

Back