Would you Like Cormier move up to HW and try to get a second belt?

Can't see him at HW again. The UFC has some huge monsters on the roster, plus factor in Cain as ATT won't want their guys fighting each just like when Swick, Fitch & Kos were all top ten & Dana was trying to match them up.

I think instead of HW DC beats Jones, then they'll have a third fight which DC also wins. Ring rust, USDA & no eye-pokes are going to make a big difference to Jones. After that Gus or Manuwa would have hopefully established themselves as the next contender & DC retires as champ.

At this point I think he's too old. His chin is also not as good as it used to be. To add to that Cain is at HW, I don't see him moving up.

Yup I sure would like to see it, Cormier already dominated HW in the past. I honestly think he beats anyone in UFC in any weight class. Jones is his hardest fight and rematch will be interesting. I would favor Cormier against Stipe or JDS. The only problem is him and Cain are best friends and they aint gonna fight so I dont think Cormier will go back..

I don't think he would do good vs Werdum, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Overeem.
He is just as good as all of those guys and I don't think any of them want any part of DC.

If he beats Jones I hope he does. But it will never happen with Cain around. Maybe if Cain gets hurt again???

His speed would be unmatched at HW barring maybe JDS.

He is just as good as all of those guys and I don't think any of them want any part of DC.

I don't think he would beat them back then, And I am positive he will not beat any of them now.

Remember that after USADA, all of them will struggle with cardio, Including DC. Trying to wrestle the big guys then will be impossible.

DC is a great fighter, but he cuts down to LHW because he wants to get easier fights, And because he can. We would all do the same if it was our job. He should stay at LHW.

DC is a great fighter, but he cuts down to LHW because he wants to get easier fights, And because he can. We would all do the same if it was our job. He should stay at LHW.
you are talking out of your ass. The ONLY reason he fights at 205 is because his training partner Cain Velasquez is at Heavyweight. DC has never lost a round at Heavyweight, he certainly didn't move down for easier fights.

To begin with, Cormier dropping down was just another facet of the fiasco known as the Cain Reign which messed up the HW situation for eons. He (Cormier) coulda been champ ... easily. Is it too late? probably but who knows?

you are talking out of your ass. The ONLY reason he fights at 205 is because his training partner Cain Velasquez is at Heavyweight. DC has never lost a round at Heavyweight, he certainly didn't move down for easier fights.
So he would rather fight at HW? DC said himself that he would rather not fight "the big monsters" at HW. Do you really believe that DC cuts 30 lbs, risks his health And almost kill himself because of Cain? Cain is more important than his life or family? I don't think you Are that stupid. The only reason anyone cuts weight is to fight easier competition. Anyone that has ever cut weight do it to fight smaller guys.

So he would rather fight at HW? DC said himself that he would rather not fight "the big monsters" at HW. Do you really believe that DC cuts 30 lbs, risks his health And almost kill himself because of Cain? Cain is more important than his life or family? I don't think you Are that stupid. The only reason anyone cuts weight is to fight easier competition. Anyone that has ever cut weight do it to fight smaller guys.

Yes, Cormier has a subservient mentality and would put his health and career at risk for a stronger male. He did. Same thing Rashad asked Jones to do and Jones told him to go fuck himself. And Jones is the GOAT and Rashad Evans is a punch drunk flash in the pan. Never put your career aside for another man. What the fuck.

Him cutting all that weight at his age with his past is stupid no matter what the reason.

Kant would agree. A man is never an end for another man. He is always an end in himself. Cormier is not an end in himself. He is the end of another. Even at HW he talked up Cain as better than him. After winning a fight he brags about Cain more than himself. That is an alpha-beta relationship if I ever saw one.

Last edited:
He would get wrecked at HW. Too many nightmare match-ups for him.

After Jones takes his belt, he might as well give HW a shot...

Honestly dc is becoming really overrated now.people actually believe he can beat top 5 hw contenders is delusional

He'll flee to HW after Jones gives him another L...Or he'll retire.

Maybe your new, but this has been discussed. When DC made his UFC debut Cain was already champion. DC was the wrestling coach at Aka and they both said they would never fight each other. Here is a direct quote"We spar three days a week, we work hard. Cain Velasquez is going to force me to do something I never wanted to do for a while and that’s maybe cut some weight. They’ve got a lot guys for me to fight. I’m happy my man is the champion,” Cormier stated."
http://www.mmaweekly.com/cain-velasquez-wont-fight-daniel-cormier-showdown-with-overeem-likely-next

Maybe your new, but this has been discussed. When DC made his UFC debut Cain was already champion. DC was the wrestling coach at Aka and they both said they would never fight each other. Here is a direct quote"We spar three days a week, we work hard. Cain Velasquez is going to force me to do something I never wanted to do for a while and that’s maybe cut some weight. They’ve got a lot guys for me to fight. I’m happy my man is the champion,” Cormier stated."
http://www.mmaweekly.com/cain-velasquez-wont-fight-daniel-cormier-showdown-with-overeem-likely-next
And everyone knew this was bullshit. Except you... DC is a family man. He would not sacrifice his job or his health for another man. Nobody with kids to feed would do that. You will understand this when you start working yourself and have children.

DC moved down to fight smaller guys. To be able to win a belt And be a top fighter. Just like everyone else that cut weight. No shame in that.

Back