Would you give your gf/wife another chance if she had an affair?

Hell no. Once the seal is broken that shit is over. "Staying together for the kids" is bullshit too. Unless you're oscar caliber actors or your kids are fucking retarded, they're going to grasp that you hate each other.

Absolutely not.

A relationship is nothing without trust.

I would say no, but there could be exceptions. We have been together 23 years. She has been a great wife. And god knows I haven’t been perfect in the fidelity department.

You're crazy if you think that scenario is better for the children.

Well the idea is that I should be able to hide everything from the children, although them not seeing their parents show affection to one another and spending bed times in separate rooms, I don't know.

As the product of a single mother, I love her to bits and she tried her absolute hardest to raise her right, but I see how her taking care of me and my older brother on her own had a negative effect on us.

I hope that it never happens to me or any future family that I have, but I'm just swinging ideas around in the event that a marriage dies whilst a child or two is growing in our family. Any future child of mine must have two parents.

Absolutely. A relationship takes two people working at it. Both have to keep the other accountable. For it to get from a healthy, long term respectful, communicative marriage to the point where one cheats, both people have to have dropped the ball.
strange seeing a reasonable voice in here.....

Not the worst thing someone can do to you

You’ll live

What’s are talking about btw
True affair like trying to replace you or just a quick fuck? First one no second one spends. Third option is swinging. That’s fine if both people agree

My wife and I have briefly discussed if we were to decide that we don't want to be together anymore. We're in agreement that we'd live together platonically until our kids are grown. If she cheated on me, I'd instate that arrangement.

I see cheating as a bit worse for a woman because they have all the power in making it happen, or not.
That doesn't make sense to me. By your own logic, a man has to actively pursue cheating and put in effort to get a woman to say yes. A woman could just drunkenly say yes one time.

Well, here's the thing. If I ever were to get married, I'd hope she cheats on me in like the first week. Because pissing on a girl's face is something I'm really into, but unless it's a stripper I'm with I always feel bad about asking a girl to do it. So I just repress my need to piss on a girl's face. However, if my wife were to cheat on me, I expect I'd feel perfectly fine guilt tripping her into doing it. And so then that would pretty much be the ideal marriage at that point

So divorce lawyer it is. I was wondering what area of law you were planning to practice.

Hell no. Once the seal is broken that shit is over. "Staying together for the kids" is bullshit too. Unless you're oscar caliber actors or your kids are fucking retarded, they're going to grasp that you hate each other.
Definitely cannot hide that from your kids. They aren't stupid, they know when something is up.

I don't get some of these responses in here. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle, but hey, it's not my life. Some people care less about infidelity than I do.

only a weakling does. honestly since government spies on you might as well spy on your wife just to make sure she is not cheating.

dont forget God is spying on you and so is santa claus

Definitely cannot hide that from your kids. They aren't stupid, they know when something is up.

I don't get some of these responses in here. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle, but hey, it's not my life. Some people care less about infidelity than I do.

Yeah I've seen a LOT of friends try to patch it back together after cheating, and that shit never works. I've always thought staying together for the kids makes no sense. People act like kids are tiny retards, it's like they forget their own parents trying and failing to keep things from them.

No quarter for her. I've already felt the pain and disappointment of a long term gf cheating and I dropped her on the spot without hesitation.

Back