• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you ever go in the Parisian Catacombs?

Croo67

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not the legal part, but the illegal part - you know, the 200 mile network of caves, tunnels and pools of water and human bones?

I think I would, so long as I had a trustworthy guide - if you get lost down there, you're not getting out. Entrances are found at certain manholes throughout the city (although the police have began sealing them up, but apparently they will never seal them all as it could trap people already down there. There's also an entrance by a rail track).

photo-3.jpg

paris-catacombs24.jpg

watocato.jpg

There are people that literally know the whole place. They are called "Cataphiles". I read about one that apparently hunts tourists, and steals their maps and torches - basically leaving them for dead. Parties and raves are apparently a regular occurrence in the catacombs.

The place is full of artwork. It's definitely on my bucket list.

parisundergroundmm788335jpg.jpg

Paris-Catacombs-Wall-Paintings.jpg

parisunderground09r-800x533.jpg

P1200207.jpg

Any Sherdogger's been in the catacombs?

Last edited:
Sounds fun that one video of the guy getting lost down there is interesting I wonder whatever did happen to him

Sounds fun that one video of the guy getting lost down there is interesting I wonder whatever did happen to him

There's a documentary which centred around finding him. They never did find him, which is no surprise considering the amount of human remains down there. Hopefully he got out alive.

I wonder how many people in total have gotten lost down there and died. There are confirmed deaths down there, but I bet there is a whole lot more. Must be one of the worst ways to go - constantly walking round a 200 mile maze, having no where to go.

Edit: here's the documentary

Part 1:

Part 2:

Sure, I'm up for a weird challenge and I don't spook too easily.

However, I did get lost in the catacombs of this game once...

...and I basically just gave up and died.

People eat in there?

WTF?

I guess you have to (obviously laying out a table is a bit OTT). But it's not like you go down there for a 20 minute stroll, from what I've gathered, people go on long expeditions down there for like 10+ hours.

To answer the question though, probably not.

Creepy af and I feel I would definitely get lost in the part that's restricted.

hell no that sounds scary
Oh come on.
Don't be freaked out.
I'd do it provided a good guide.
Nothing but tight spaces, low ceilings, and bones. The zesty scent of long dead Italians wafting into your nostrils...

No fuckin way. Too easy to get lost, not to mention it'd be creepy as fuck down there. It's too bad they can't send in a team to map out as much of it as possible, or somehow open it up, reinforce it, and then open it up to the public for profit.

Man, I get lost using Google maps :eek:

Went once with a cataphile in the illegal parts.

Strongly recommend.

But be careful because if something happens to you down there you re fucked.

Was with a group of 15 and we did not meet a single souls in like 8 hours in there.

Is that fucking graffiti I see in that photo? God people suck.

Sure, I'm up for a weird challenge and I don't spook too easily.

However, I did get lost in the catacombs of this game once...

...and I basically just gave up and died.

holy shit I used to play that on a fucking Amiga

I think it would cool and super scary at the same time. I'd go with a guide, and a bunch of guns in case Of zombies

Lol @ some French douche trying to steal my map and flash light. He'd be really upset upon waking in complete darkness surrounded by the bones of the fallen, after getting strangled and subsequently stripped naked.

WTF, TS??? Haven't you seen As Above, So Below??? You want us all to die?????

Back