Would you consider the ending of Cowboy Bebop high cinema?

breadfighter

Toiling in underground sugar caves
@purple
Reaction score
Maybe it was the marijuana, but upon rewatching the whole series after a few years, the finale felt transcendental. It was like watching the best operatic Star Wars/Sci Fi/Kung Fu movie/Die Hard Action Thriller all in one up until the very ending.

giphy.gif

I know it sounds weeb-y, but as much as Cowboy Bebop was influenced by many pop, cultural, and historical references., there just as many that were influenced by the series afterwards, that many have said it transcended anime into it's own realm.

Maybe it was the marijuana, but upon rewatching the whole series after a few years, the finale felt transcendental. It was like watching the best operatic Star Wars/Sci Fi/Kung Fu movie/Die Hard Action Thriller all in one up until the very ending.

giphy.gif

I know it sounds weeb-y, but as much as Cowboy Bebop was influenced by many pop, cultural, and historical references., there just as many that were influenced by the series afterwards, that many have said it transcended anime into it's own realm.
He was a role model. Except for his choice of drugs.

overall, I thought samurai champloo was a better series, but the ending to CB is one of the coolest things I ever saw.

Im afraid to watch it again, in case it isn't as good as I remember.

overall, I thought samurai champloo was a better series, but the ending to CB is one of the coolest things I ever saw.

I enjoyed champloo but I wouldn’t call it a better series.

It wasn’t anywhere near the quality of CB, and it got real weird at the end.

That's awesome. I watched 2049 in theaters too.

I appreciated it way more upon my second viewing. Amazing how they were able to blend a Noir Sci-fi, Jazz, Hong Kong gun flick into something so beautiful without making it cheesy or feeling tacked on in any sense. CB really is a masterpiece.

I love Cowbot Bebop and yes the ending was awesome and crazy no matter how bittersweet. never saw a anime that killed their main character in a big finale

I love Cowbot Bebop and yes the ending was awesome and crazy no matter how bittersweet. never saw a anime that killed their main character in a big finale

Would you pit it against acclaimed non animated Sci Fi, Western, Action movies though?

I'm not that deep into anime. it's a better ending than Akira though imo

I think you misread my question. I asked if you would pit it against other non-animated movies like Blade Runner or Star Wars. As someone that isn't a heavy anime watcher, you'll have a more non-biased opinion than someone who does.

Also I think i'm one of the only people I know that disliked Akira.

Conor fight only Saturday when in Ireland St. Johnson vs Celtic are playing that day too. He did that against Diaz 2 and 3 other times

I think you misread my question. I asked if you would pit it against other non-animated movies like Blade Runner or Star Wars. As someone that isn't a heavy anime watcher, you'll have a more non-biased opinion than someone who does.

It is definitely better and more deeper in meaning than star wars

Never heard of it.

Check out Gungrave if you've never seen it.

I would put it up against most cinema these days.

It was one of the more cinematic feeling anime movies I’ve seen, and I’ve never seen Akira all the way through, I’ve tried to watch it dozens of times over the years but just can’t stay interested in it.

I’d rather watch the original Tekken movie than ikira.

And to me ghost on a shell is vastly superior but it’s behind cowboy bebob to me.

Back