Would you call the cops on loud neighbors?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't like the idea of tattle-telling to cops over every little thing. Especially in this day and age where a simple complaint could escalate.

With that said, we live in a day and age where people are scared to approach others for simple requests. Nowadays, if you ask someone down the block to lower their music they might snap at you

"I ain't lowering shit! Who do you think you are telling me what tf to do?!"

By that time, if you call the police, they'll know it's you.

For most people, if they've ever gotten snitched on they'd probably ask:

"Why didn't they just come to me?!"

But everyone thinks they're more approachable than they really are.

Where do you stand? Is it better to talk to someone or call the cops?

No one wants to tattle, until they gotta work at 5am and their neighbors are acting like a bunch of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

Fuck the neighbors, it's against the law to be loud at night. Celebrating cousin Paco's wedding doesn't give them license to be obnoxious.

Fuck them. If you can't sleep odds are people in other houses can't either. Calling the cops is appropriate, especially if these assholes are drunk.

If they would call on me then I'd call on them. If they would confront me then I'd confront them. If they get on the internet and bitch then I would just assume they don't give a shit

Only if I wanted the neighbor to be murdered would I tattletale to the police.

I honestly don't like the idea of tattle-telling to cops over every little thing. Especially in this day and age where a simple complaint could escalate.

With that said, we live in a day and age where people are scared to approach others for simple requests. Nowadays, if you ask someone down the block to lower their music they might snap at you

I spoke to

I've asked them to turn it down, told them to turn it down, called the cops, their landlord and then the council to get them evicted. They must have known it was me.
<{silvanormal}>

My neighbour's teenage sons played loud music in their garden and even threw shit over the hedge. I went in and talked to them several times and each time they stopped, but a couple of days later our windows were shaking from the noise once again.

In the end, my wife flew into one of her rages and went in there... let's just say all has been quiet since then - and they even gave us a few bottles of wine for the inconvenience.

That's why you marry a redhead, folks.

If they'd kept it up I'd have absolutely called the police. Don't care if they know it's me. But I'd always talk face to face first even though I don't like doing it.

Last edited:
No one wants to tattle, until they gotta work at 5am and their neighbors are acting like a bunch of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

Wait. Is that the slur I think it is? Maybe you're not the best person to discuss this with.

My friend came to visit me and he parked in an empty lot. He's black and the neighbors called the cops. Which was unnecessary.

They were apparently watching him to notice he came to my house. The cop came and told him he could park there, no problem.

But wtf was the point of calling them? Why not come talk to us if it was a problem ( not that it's any of their business) and why are mfs always looking out of their windows?

I've never had to, but probably would if the noise was completely unreasonable. I generally just let it slide if it's a little noisy.

I've had to a few times because I had to be a up to work at 3 am. Last time i just had to go over at 1 and yell at my neighbor to bring the drunk assholes singing karaoke inside from his patio.

The proper way to deal with a loud neighbor is this

put your pistol in your waistband and go over there and as politely as possible tell them you gotta be up in a few hours and you would really like them to turn it down and be quiet then leave

I it persists ask them again and if they still keep it up you can call it in guilt free

The pistol isnt there for any other reason than you dont know who you are dealing with and they may be drunk and violent but it otherwise should play no role in how you handle things

Back