Would you be offended by this gear at your gym?

I want these so bad. I wouldn't be offended but i'm sure some of the women and hippie anti gunners would be up in arms. No pun intended.

Stop making excuses, and go buy yourself TWO pairs this very minute. That way you can wear one while the other is in the laundry. :)

Seriously, gear like this is really no different from a cherry pink banana hammock or a lace bustier. You'll get no flak from other humans provided you confine your displays to an appropriate time or place.

Nobody would object to you wearing them in your own home, or in other places where attire like this is expected, welcome, and encouraged. (Which, based on the responses from the other posters, is not likely to include a BJJ academy that markets its services to the public.)

I think women would be the group to ask not the large amount of Sherdoggers who are male. I wouldn't be offended but I would find anyone wearing those pathetic and obviously an attention seeker, and I would feel it's innapropriate to wear those to a class where woman would be present. I doubt female students would see those as appropriate.

that isn't offensive, it just looks dumb as shit.

I'll just say getting a woman to try BJJ often is no easy thing, and I'm pretty sure getting her to try it in a class with guys wearing attire covered in boobs and guns would be even more difficult. At the moment BJJ has enough of a boy's club feel to it without adding the requisite sexy girl with big tit decorations.

I am a girl, and while nope, not offended, I also don't think a reputable BJJ gym is the place to wear this type of design. And, that doesn't even get into how well these designs fit into a gym that is offering kids classes.

Would not wear. If an opponent of mine was wearing that I would attempt to choke them even harder.

They'll offend the easily offended - feminists, hippies, et cetera. No-one else will care.

The only people who are offended by photos of girls with clothes on are uglier girls. I think the shorts look like shit, but lets say meerkatsu drew a rash guard with a provocative half nude woman, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd wear it!

It never fails to amuse me when someone comes up with a product or behavior intended to provoke a negative reaction, acts surprised when cause-and-effect kicks in and the very predictable negative reaction occurs, and then goes on a campaign to retroactively legitimize the antisocial behavior. Labeling, slandering, and trying to shut up people who object (thereby taking away THEIR freedom of expression) is par for the course.

Freedom of expression =/= freedom from predictable negative consequences due to that expression when it's done in someone else's house.

There's one other angle I hadn't really thought about because I'm not a gym owner, but I have run other kinds of businesses and I know some customers like to push the limits and see what they can get away with.

Showing up to train in shorts with swastikas, nude buttocks, or anything else that pushes the limits may well be a slap in the instructor's face. It's kind of like saying: yeah, it's your house and I pay to train here, but you're not man enough to make the rules or enforce them on me.

In fight sports, there's really only one possible outcome for that kind of attitude.

dumb shorts... if it was just one or two photo it be better.

These shorts are not equivalent to swastikas. They have nowhere near the implication or historical impact..

Its not very appropriate to wear in public at all...

They make no sense either. Wtf do hot naked women with guns have to do with BJJ?

It never fails to amuse me when someone comes up with a product or behavior intended to provoke a negative reaction, acts surprised when cause-and-effect kicks in and the very predictable negative reaction occurs, and then goes on a campaign to retroactively legitimize the antisocial behavior. Labeling, slandering, and trying to shut up people who object (thereby taking away THEIR freedom of expression) is par for the course.

Freedom of expression =/= freedom from predictable negative consequences due to that expression when it's done in someone else's house.

There's one other angle I hadn't really thought about because I'm not a gym owner, but I have run other kinds of businesses and I know some customers like to push the limits and see what they can get away with.

Showing up to train in shorts with swastikas, nude buttocks, or anything else that pushes the limits may well be a slap in the instructor's face. It's kind of like saying: yeah, it's your house and I pay to train here, but you're not man enough to make the rules or enforce them on me.

In fight sports, there's really only one possible outcome for that kind of attitude.

The swastika isn't an offensive symbol. It predates hitlers birth.
secondly, I have naked women tattooed on my body and so does my girlfriend. I would be more offended if we were asked to hide our art than if someone came into a fight gym with pants that sport some maxim centerfolds. I've never had a problem with my tatts, nor my girlfriends, even though they show "nude buttocks" lol rubbish. get off your pc high horse and focus your energy on something constructive.

That awkward moment someone gets a boner during grappling by seeing your shorts

Doesn't offend me, but the type of person that wears that is probably a douchebag.

Perhaps at an MMA gym but I doubt they'd fly at a BJJ academy.

Back