Would you be offended by this gear at your gym?

Wearing those shorts is nowhere near roughly on par with wearing only a thong to church.

Seriously, its not that bad. Y'all acting like there's penetration being depicted on the shorts.

Um, speak for yourself? Think before you post. Putting down other peoples lifestyle habits is wrong.

Wow, maybe you should take your own advice. To keep it grappling related TLI has a lifestyle and some habits. Should I refrain from making a moral judgment?

He may be telling the truth. Sausage chasers do exist, and they wear some pretty outrageous stuff. It's attention seeking behavior, roughly on par with showing up for church in a banana hammock.

Violating people's expectations and standards *does* produce a result, and it *does* get people's attention. It's not always positive attention, but when it comes to self-expression that doesn't matter. The kind of person who shows up in attire like this *wants* the eye roll, or the sarcastic remark, or the extended knee-on-belly, because it feeds into their need for attention and drama. They like to feel oppressed and judged negatively, so they create situations where people will do that to them.

It's not a matter of offending people, really: it's a question of deliberately attracting attention, especially sexual attention, at a time and place where people are supposed to be concentrating on something else.

There's a time and a place for attention seeking: at a singles bar, at the beach, or on certain Web sites. But there are also places it's not appropriate, because it detracts from the purpose for which people are coming together. At the office, people are there to work. At church, they're there to worship. At the gym, they're there to train.

Trolling for sex in the gym is inappropriate, but a few gear manufacturers have realized there are enough people who want to do it to create a market. So they're catering to the inappropriate behavior and enabling it.

The fact that someone caters to, or enables, an inappropriate behavior doesn't legitimize the behavior or make it acceptable.

So this is what it is like to eloquently put thought to print. +1

Wow, maybe you should take your own advice. To keep it grappling related TLI has a lifestyle and some habits. Should I refrain from making a moral judgment?

You need to put your pitch fork away and realize he was being sarcastic. Making a joke about her not judging people for wearing such attire to church. Not everything is a crusade against TLI, despite that being what every post in this forum eventually becomes.

You need to put your pitch fork away and realize he was being sarcastic. Making a joke about her not judging people for wearing such attire to church. Not everything is a crusade against TLI, despite that being what every post in this forum eventually becomes.

godwin's law...

Ice9Cobra's law: every f12 thread will turn into a lloyd irvin discussion

not offended but will think it is idiotic

It's the same thing as wearing those full body suites, tuxedo rash guards, and pink (as a man).
I've been known to wear pink :D I have this rashguard in black and was going to get it in pink, but it sold out before I could get it:

rash-guard-newaza-%5B2%5D-29-p.jpg

Anyway, that design is dumb.

Not as offensive as the faux bloodstained contract killer shorts, but they definitely scream "look at me, bro!"

godwin's law...

Ice9Cobra's law: every f12 thread will turn into a lloyd irvin discussion

I could have picked any number of things that are morally offensive (how about a gi with animal crualty, what about sexualizing kids, white supremisy, or making fun of homosexuals). Making a condescending statement that is absolutely absurd needs to be called out. Who was putting down a "lifestyle". I have a 3 kids, that attire (lifestyle?) is not, let me repeat, not acceptable in a family environment. No pitchfork needed. This kind of attention seaking behavior should be called out in a healthy community.

"Um, speak for yourself? Think before you post. Putting down other peoples lifestyle habits is wrong"-Strange Shadows

Edited with quote.

I could have picked any number of things that are morally offensive (how about a gi with animal crualty, what about sexualizing kids, white supremisy, or making fun of homosexuals). Making a condescending statement that is absolutely absurd needs to be called out. Who was putting down a "lifestyle". I have a 3 kids, that attire (lifestyle?) is not, let me repeat, not acceptable in a family environment. No pitchfork needed. This kind of attention seaking behavior should be called out in a healthy community.

"Um, speak for yourself? Think before you post. Putting down other peoples lifestyle habits is wrong"-Strange Shadows

Edited with quote.

i really dont know how to respond to this.

I explained pretty straightforward how he was being sarcastic. Either you are playing the long con with your own sarcasm or you are just far too serious for your own good

Definitely wouldn't be offended, would wear the shorts if they were cheap / free, gi is horrid though.

I explained pretty straightforward how he was being sarcastic. Either you are playing the long con with your own sarcasm or you are just far too serious for your own good

Probably the latter.

I want these so bad. I wouldn't be offended but i'm sure some of the women and hippie anti gunners would be up in arms. No pun intended.

Not training at a TLI affiliate, i understand...

Me? No, but if I were a gear manufacturer and my product happened to be popular at LI, I'd conceal that fact pretty carefully. He's not a popular person just now.

I would quit the school IMMEDIATELY and report them to the Better Business Bureau WITHOUT hesitation for allowing such offensive material into a place of self-discipline.

Back