Would you be dissapointed if Mayweather plays it safe and wins via 12 rnd decision?

This ain't going to the judges, either way. If it goes to a decision, that's clearly a Conor "win".
I would consider myself a fan of Conor and to me, if he can make it interesting, if he can make it past the 8th round, maybe have a couple moments where he "gets Floyds attention" or even hurts him once or twice is a win in my book.

I have been legit watching sports(most sports) for 35 years (as a kid no I'm not that old) and if Conor were to beat Money... I can easily say it was the biggest upset I've ever seen.

Sure, I don't really remember the 84 Olympic Hockey team but I think this would rank above it.
0-0 beating arguably then greatest ever?

Logic says it doesn't happen but my heart wants it to .

No, i wouldn't be disappointed. How could i be disappointed by watching him going full matrix mode for 12 rounds? His defense is a beautiful thing. Not every fighter has to be super aggressive and finish every fight. The man is 40 and full of hand problems. I'm ok with him playing safe. You can play safe and still display beautiful boxing skills.

Floyd is going to do exactly what he always does. He's going to let Conor throw a few haymakers. He's going to slip them and fire off one single crisp ass jab. From that point on, the fight is over, just like always. Then it's back up, absorb blows with the gloves and watch Conor punch at the air like Rousey shadow boxing. It's going to be embarrassing for Conor and MMA fans overall. That said, I'd take this fight for 10,000 dollars, let alone 100 million. I ain't mad at Conor for taking it. He is going to get embarrassed though. He will cry himself to sleep on a pillow of benjamins though.

He can. He does. Hes been working on cardio for a year. He has a second wind now but he will always fatigue in the middle because hes a sprinter not a marathon runner. Its just the way hes built and its hard as fuck for a sprinter to train to be a marathon runner.
Just as a reminder, this was your response to me saying "I doubt Conor has the cardio to go a full 12 rounds." Is there anything you'd like to add, or have you finally realized that your man-crush rendered you incapable of rational thought.

Just as a reminder, this was your response to me saying "I doubt Conor has the cardio to go a full 12 rounds." Is there anything you'd like to add, or have you finally realized that your man-crush rendered you incapable of rational thought.

Early stoppage....second wind was coming. He put it on Paulie in the 11th-12th.

But Im not above the possibility that he doesnt have the cardio for it. Like I said, its hard to make a sprinter into a marathon runner.

Early stoppage....second wind was coming. He put it on Paulie in the 11th-12th.

But Im not above the possibility that he doesnt have the cardio for it. Like I said, its hard to make a sprinter into a marathon runner.
Actually, if you know boxing, you know that it wasn't an early stoppage. Once a guy is stumbling around the ring and getting hit clean, it gets stopped. That would have been an early stoppage in MMA, but not in boxing. People saying otherwise don't know much about boxing.

Using a sparring match against an out-of-shape retired boxer as evidence that "a second wind was coming" is just silliness. There's no way Conor's cardio would ever hold up over 12 rounds against any legitimate boxer. That's not a knock on Conor, it just is what it is.

Actually, if you know boxing, you know that it wasn't an early stoppage. Once a guy is stumbling around the ring and getting hit clean, it gets stopped. That would have been an early stoppage in MMA, but not in boxing. People saying otherwise don't know much about boxing.

Using a sparring match against an out-of-shape retired boxer as evidence that "a second wind was coming" is just silliness. There's no way Conor's cardio would ever hold up over 12 rounds against any legitimate boxer. That's not a knock on Conor, it just is what it is.

Ive seen many boxing matches man. I was probably watching boxing before you were born. I've seen fights NOT be stopped for WAY more damage. Holyfield also thought it was an early stoppage. Does he "know nothing about boxing" also?

Just because someone disagrees with your view doesnt mean they dont know what they are talking about.

Ive seen many boxing matches man. I was probably watching boxing before you were born. I've seen fights NOT be stopped for WAY more damage. Holyfield also thought it was an early stoppage. Does he "know nothing about boxing" also?

Just because someone disagrees with your view doesnt mean they dont know what they are talking about.
Yes, plenty of fights involve more damage. But in those fights, there's generally a give and take. But when the damage is one-sided, it's a completely different story. Especially in today's boxing landscape, where fights seem to be stopped much quicker than they were 20 years ago.

This was a very par-for-the-course stoppage. Conor was getting battered for 2 full rounds, and was stumbling around the ring. Fights are almost always stopped in that scenario. That's not my view point; it's factual.

Back