Would u rank Holly's performance on the Ronda fight as one of the best ever in MMA?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What u guys say? U can say Ronda is overrated now, even Holly (lol), but no one expected that outcome that night :) Holly was on point.

Especially considering that she was fighting a once ever human being, I would agree

Yep, it was clinical

200w.gif

She definitely put a whooping on Ronda.

But Ronda also made it happen by charging in with incredibly shitty brawling, wild hay-maker throwing sloppiness.

Definitely. And it wasn't just the standup - her defense in the clinch and on the ground was almost without reproach.

Then again, she needed more than a round to finish her, and after that she got finished in seconds.

But yeah, that was a great performance.

It's probably in the top 15, sure. Holly fucked her up.

I guess you could say that. It was really impressive, and much of sherdog (including myself) have mad respect for Holm for being the one to end the hype train.

That alone doesn't make it one of the best performances in MMA, the best performances pit fighters against seemingly inexplicable odds. For me a better example of this would be TJ x Barao 1,especially if you bought into the #1 p4p hype like I did.

Again mad respect her Holly, she put on an amazing performance, but TBH I don't even think it's a top 5 performance.

She won a striking match with a woman who tuned up boxing world champions on the regular and could beat most men in her weight class. I would say it was a good performance, but also there was some luck involved.

<36>

Yes, that was the biggest ppv upser in mma history, ronda got exposed and best like bum off the street, holly holm put a clinic on her, she schooled her like a matador evading a bull. And holly barely broke a sweat that head kick ko was insane.

Ronda was never the same.

If mayweather does this to conor, and conor loses in his next mma fight he will be forgotten, but at least he will be filthy rich

She shut down the hype train and there was nothing but skill and strategy involved. I love Ronda but she got exposed by a more experienced and better fighter. It was a GREAT performance, but that could be said about any big upset or underdog performance and is all a matter of opinion.

What I noticed was that Holly vs. Ronda was almost the exact same fight as GSP vs. Hughes 2.

It might be the female version of Silva vs Leben.

It was a flawless victory, no doubt, and those are extremely rare for sure.

Ronda, however is partly to blame for her demise so she deserves some credit.

She flew too close to the sun when she surrounded herself with yes-men.

She convinced herself that she was an elite boxer as well as an elite judoka.

She should have listened to dear old mom.

Instead, she plummeted to the sea with singed wings, and never rose again.

Styles make fights. Ronda isn't over rated or a hype train. People who say this are ignorant or just haters. That's the facts.

People lose to match ups all the time. Ronda is a better fighter then holly. However Holly's style crushed the aggressive charge of rousey. Its like wanderlai vs vitor and vitor str8 punches.

Rousey dominated Tate(twice) and Tate slept holly. Holly was Buster Douglas and I called it right after the fight. And Amanda vs rousey? Rousey was broken.

Ronda is top 3 wmma. If you don't have her in top 5, you just don't like her.

Ronda would've won that fight if she stuck to her bread and butter instead of trying to out strike a top level striker

If she didn't go for the arm bar when she had her back, she could've flattened Holly out and went for a choke instead.

Ronda can beat Holly imo but she won't know because she's mentally destroyed. She needs to embrace defeat and learn from it but she chooses to ignore it so losing will never go away.

I'm not even a Holly fan, but she killed it that night.

Back