Would the UFC be more appealing without Reebok uniforms?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I actually heard and read mixed opinions on this. Some feel the Reebok uniforms make UFC seem more like a legit sport, more professional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Then I read how a fighters identity, personality and self promotion is hurt tremendously by it.

Do you think the Reebok deal will be renewed ...and does it hurt or help the sports fighters individuality?

I actually heard and read mixed opinions on this. Some feel the Reebok uniforms make UFC seem more like a legit sport, more professional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Then I read how a fighters identity, personality and self promotion is hurt tremendously by it.

Do you think the Reebok deal will be renewed ...and does it hurt or help the sports fighters individuality?
I suppose fighters aren’t as easily recognised by their shorts as they were in the past (i.e. Franklin, Chuck etc.) I agree that it looks more professional. I’m not really a fan of shorts that are plastered with sponsors but fuck it, sponsors give the fighters more money.

1529.gif

I'm here to watch people smash each other..... not care about how they dress.

WMMA uniforms should definitely be just bikinis though.

Reebok is and has been generic and lame, no creativity whatsoever and same boring kits on every fighter.

I don't really get the idea that plastering as many company brand logos all over yourself makes it more 'personal' or 'individualized'. Rose Namajunas walked out at her last fight wearing:
Is that less personal than condom depot, corn nuts, and Cant believe Its not butter logos?

CV0288_01.jpeg

You've been on this site longer than I have, surely you remember when like half the roster had "condom depot" plastered on their shorts, and most post-fight interviews were just guys rattling off their list of sponsors. It's been less money for some of the fighters, but definitely looks a little less crappy than tapout shorts with random advertisements on them for condom depot and full tilt poker.

Last edited:
i miss seeing condom depot on their butts.

now we see a gaping reebok symbol.

The less amount of things for fighters to complain about, the better. They all hate the Reebok deal

Haven't they changed them up a bit? At least theyve got some color now.

Yes.

There's a special place in hell for whoever thought that stripping the fighters of their originality was a good idea.

It couldn’t hurt. Everybody seems generic. Interchangeable. It’s like UFC on Ice. It seems silly but these things DO matter. To the fighter and the viewer.

I watch the fights I have never payed to much attention to what they was wearing

IMO I'd go back to each fighter be able to wear whatever shorts they want, however severely limit the sponsorship space (and limit it to 1-2). Let 'em wear whatever color/pattern shorts they want, but they can only have a 3"x3" sponsor space on the front of one leg, and one ass cheek.

Of course who the sponsors are would also have to be somewhat overseen since there are some sponsors that should not be allowed into the cage.

Much like team sports have team uniforms, logos, colors, let the fighters have more individual freedom, but cap the sponsorship so it doesn't turn into a billboard nightmare.
i agree

I don't mind them. Sucks the fighters aren't getting more of the pie, but I don't mind the uniformity at all.

Back