Would the Referee stop a fight this expensive?

of course, should have known mayweather would have done something like that. I wouldn't necessarily think that "honor" would stop an mma'r from anything. Lots of those guys happen to be more than a little nutty and unstable. I never liked working with them because they always had some issue that made them just go full retard all the time. If a bell rang they would feign walking away then hit you so they could get the last shot, they'd pop your elbow out of socket when you were supposed to be just doing the positioning of an armbar, so fuck no it wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Where ya been Moz?

Floyd will have harsh stipulations in the contract for conor committing a foul. like he would probably forfeit his entire purse if he throws a kick. Floyd isn't dumb and no way he is going to allow conor to embarrass him like that
Yeah he does have very harsh stips.

Where ya been Moz?
nowhere, not too many things of interest to me lately on here. I check up all the time, but since I am not following too many of todays fighters, i don't have much to say.

Maidana vs Floyd 1 is probably the best strategy Conor could try and use whether he is as effective with it or not. He is bigger and stronger tho. Most boxers aim to stop and wait for the ref once they enter the clinch whilst Maidana kept working.

Maidana is trickier than people give him credit for. I don't believe you can just start fighting like that all of a sudden.

Maidana is trickier than people give him credit for. I don't believe you can just start fighting like that all of a sudden.
He can't duplicate Maidanas style but he can copy the strategy he used and take advantage of the fact that he can grapple and maybe even manhandle Floyd on the inside. He wont land many punches and wont win the fight but he may have some moments.

he has no idea how to fight in a clinch like a world class boxer does
Then Conor shouldn't fight in the clinch like a boxer. Boxing is not the only sport with clinching.
There's literally NOTHING Conor can do in a boxing match that Floyd can't or hasnt handled.
Well its pretty obvious Floyd will handle Conor but the real question is if Conor can make it difficult for Floyd and the maidana strategy on the inside is probably his best chance. He wont land anything on the outside. Needs to shut all that down and get right in Floyds face.

Then Conor shouldn't fight in the clinch like a boxer. Boxing is not the only sport with clinching.

Well its pretty obvious Floyd will handle Conor but the real question is if Conor can make it difficult for Floyd and the maidana strategy on the inside is probably his best chance. He wont land anything on the outside. Needs to shut all that down and get right in Floyds face.
We've all heard that before though. Id say probably say, his last 10-12 years, all but Pacquiao, the strategy has been to do that to him. Get inside, make it rough, etc. Conor doesnt do that in MMA. Hows he gonna get it in a month and a half. Do that with Floyd akd he'll be eatin shots he doesnt see for days
Floyd is more than comfortable sitting right in the pocket leaning on you, letting you lean on him and tagging the body and sneaky uppercuts.

And risk backlash?

Say Conor fights dirty. Doesn't box him because why tf would he box him. He rams forward, clinches up, holds on, dirty boxing on the inside, taking control of Floyds arms, stepping on feet, pushing his head up against Floyds head... the ref breaks it up reset and repeat several times... a warning.... a point deduction.... then what? How far could Conor go before this expensive fight gets stopped? If it goes the full 12 rounds could Conor lose the match but still win the fight?

Floyd's more passionate haters would probably orgasm if Conor risked it all and KO'ed Floyd with an elbow or kick. Satisfaction = money. Would that be enough money to pay off the suing case against Conor if this occurs?

When I first saw this post a few days ago .. i was like dam seems very possible therefore I did not bet on kov for that reason ... saved me 5-7,000$ lol what a shame though ..

Back