Would Shevchenko vs Gadelha at 125 interest you?

You underestimate power of weight-cut. 135 lbers like Shevchenko, Pena will suffer.
Pena yes, Val no, she's a natural 125, she came in at 133.5 with no cut for the Nunes fight. Same with Eye.

Pena yes, Val no, she's a natural 125, she came in at 133.5 with no cut for the Nunes fight. Same with Eye.

Val is "natural flyweight" without fight as flywieght last 10 years. She will suffer or she should start to lose some muscles. She was 134.5 at UFC 213 and was drained af at weigh ins , maybe UFC 215 wasn't that painfull,but still she was drained too.

They lose 5-10 pounds of water weight, so she probably won't lose any muscle and weigh 133 or more on fight night at flyweight. Pena, shevchenko, anyone who walks around at
135 ...ish.

They lose 5-10 pounds of water weight, so she probably won't lose any muscle and weigh 133 or more on fight night at flyweight. Pena, shevchenko, anyone who walks around at
135 ...ish.

Agreed
I don't think the cut would be hard for her

No wmma fight can interest me.

Val is "natural flyweight" without fight as flywieght last 10 years. She will suffer or she should start to lose some muscles. She was 134.5 at UFC 213 and was drained af at weigh ins , maybe UFC 215 wasn't that painfull,but still she was drained too.
Your way off here:
1) she wasn't drained at all, if she was why come in a .5 under
2) HH, Pena, & Nunes were all clearly much bigger.
3) why come in for 215 1.5 lb under

She'll make 125 easy.

I'll wait until they make the match before getting too interested in this one.

Calvillo on the other hand ........ for sure she's getting some hype but they sent her to Glasgow, of all places, to take on the local sweetheart. Not something they'd contemplate for the likes of Paige and Sage. It kind of tells me they ( the UFC ) think the hype is real.

Btw Calderwood's initial salt seems to have disappeared now she's rewatched the fight.

She was drained, compare UFC 213 weigh ins with ceremonial weigh ins and maybe you will see it.

Much bigger? DC is much smaller than most of his oponnents. Robert Whittaker also. Didn't stop them to win belts. And Whittaker is really good example, because he fought monsters. What kind of excuse is it? Is it MMA forum?

Bad weight cut? I've seen few girls from 115 lbs with 114 lbs weight during weigh ins (even Joanna), so? They are undersized? Or what? Because I don't understand.

She was drained, compare UFC 213 weigh ins with ceremonial weigh ins and maybe you will see it.

Much bigger? DC is much smaller than most of his oponnents. Robert Whittaker also. Didn't stop them to win belts. And Whittaker is really good example, because he fought monsters. What kind of excuse is it? Is it MMA forum?

Bad weight cut? I've seen few girls from 115 lbs with 114 lbs weight during weigh ins (even Joanna), so? They are undersized? Or what? Because I don't understand.
I did see her weigh ins not the ceremonial and she wasn't drained. Yes HH, Pena & Nunes are much bigger girls, it's easy to see, comparing D.C. & Wittaker to a 125 135 female fighter? It's apples & oranges. she came at 133.5 because it's real easy for her. She'll have no problem making 125.

She looked fairly legit beating Jojo.

no she didnt. she backed off for 4 minutes then got a take down to steal the round

strategy wise it was bang on, but it was timid and boring

Why are we so anti-Calvillo exactly, has she done something wrong? She looked fairly legit beating Jojo granted Jojo isn't that great, but it was good enough for people to be impressed with Rose and Andrade.

I like Calvillo. She has an interesting personality and she can fight.

She's also the only fighter to ever beat Aspen Ladd (amateur fight). Respecting Aspen Ladd as I do, I must perforce respect Calvillo as a fighter as well.

Last edited:
She beat Pena and HH so I don't think it's so much an excuse, but evidence she should be able to make 125 without trouble.

Your way off here:

She'll make 125 easy.

@kuka45 is a Shevchenko hater. Don't take him seriously. He's still butthurt over the fact Valentina beat Joanna 3x in Muay Thai.

Yes, but if JJ is planning to move to 125, Gadelha should stay at 115.

Back