Would Shevchenko vs Gadelha at 125 interest you?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
It might sound like a mismatch on paper, a former BW vs a former SW, but they are actually pretty close in size as Gadelha weighed 135 shortly before her last fight while Shevchenko barely cuts to make 135. Claudia might also have better gas at 125 without having to cut as much. Would you want to see this fight?

Nope. Claudia has many interesting fights to fight as 115 lbs: Rose, Esparza, Tecia, Waterson, Calvillo and more.

only if it's for the title. i think both are clear #1 contenders in their weight classes. i believe both could put that belt around their waist right now if either become the first to challenge the winner of the TUF season who is becoming the 125 champ.

whoever that is will have the belt as long as esparza did.

Claudia has expressed she has no interest in fighting at 125.

Nope. Claudia has many interesting fights to fight as 115 lbs: Rose, Esparza, Tecia, Waterson, Calvillo and more.

No way they put Calvillo against a real contender before she gets a title shot. UFC has learned from their mistakes with PVZ.

It might sound like a mismatch on paper, a former BW vs a former SW, but they are actually pretty close in size as Gadelha weighed 135 shortly before her last fight while Shevchenko barely cuts to make 135. Claudia might also have better gas at 125 without having to cut as much. Would you want to see this fight?

Nope. Gadelha said she doesn't have issues with cutting weight anymore and Val is starting to talk too much shit without backing it up.

No way they put Calvillo against a real contender before she gets a title shot. UFC has learned from their mistakes with PVZ.
Hopefully Esparza or Waterson will kill this hypetrain.

Claudia has expressed she has no interest in fighting at 125.

Hopefully Esparza or Waterson will kill this hypetrain.

Why are we so anti-Calvillo exactly, has she done something wrong? She looked fairly legit beating Jojo granted Jojo isn't that great, but it was good enough for people to be impressed with Rose and Andrade.

Why are we so anti-Calvillo exactly, has she done something wrong? She looked fairly legit beating Jojo granted Jojo isn't that great, but it was good enough for people to be impressed with Rose and Andrade.
Undeserved hype train and way undeserved promotional push based more on what team she's with, than actual skill or in ring accomplishments. She's also being fast tracked with stylistically easy matchups.

I personally can't stand pure counter punchers...they are incredibly boring...they need the perfect opponent to fight in order for it to be exciting...that is why most of hollys and valentina's fights are boring as hell.

Schevchenko is a sleeping pill no matter what she weighs.

Undeserved hype train and way undeserved promotional push based more on what team she's with, than actual skill or in ring accomplishments. She's also being fast tracked with stylistically easy matchups.

So what styles would be particular not a so called easy match up??

It aint like calderwood was a easy fight & calderwood is top 10

The weight class is basically 80% strikers

Cluadia has basically been feasting on easy stylistic match ups her whole ufc career to get title shots

You'll up her stock but she would be just another female fighter at 125 which is her true weight class

125 will end up a very deep & grappler heavy weight class i dont even think joanna would have the same success there

Why are we so anti-Calvillo exactly, has she done something wrong? She looked fairly legit beating Jojo

She acted like a 10 year old brat in the octagon interview, when she barely won, and came across as an idiot. Gift win, did hardly anything.

We're going to see a lot of former 115 vs former 135 so get used to it. Seems to me the 135'rs will have the advantage at 125. I'm looking forward to PVZ and Eye, I like Eye.

I think Val is way way to much for Claudia.

We're going to see a lot of former 115 vs former 135 so get used to it. Seems to me the 135'rs will have the advantage at 125. I'm looking forward to PVZ and Eye, I like Eye.

I think Val is way way to much for Claudia.

You underestimate power of weight-cut. 135 lbers like Shevchenko, Pena will suffer.

Back