Would Prime Chuck have been able to take Sokoudjou down?

I think Chuck wins. Sokoudjou definitely had the ability to stop anyone at any given night, he has a lot of skills but tends to wilt under pressure and when things go wrong.

this is a drunk thread if I've ever seen one.

I will say that sokoudjou is one of the greatest fighters that has ever lived.

Are you the guy who was arguing with a radio moderator several years ago when chuck still was in his prime about this question? That guy said that there is no way Chuck would stand and bang with Sokoudjou. The moderator said that he thinks chuck would stand and bang. The guy asked him if he was crazy. Does anyone remember?

So that guy was an absolute Sokoudjou nuthugger. Was this you?

Prime Chuck would finish him. He was just too tough, and Sokodjou, relative to other fighters, was not.

As for the takedown, I'm not sure. Chuck has taken down a few fighters and he obviously had wrestling in him, but who really knows? (Probably)

In a hypothetical fight in their primes, I believe Chuck would need to take Sokoudjou down, as Sokoudjou was simply too devastating on the feet.

So the question is, would he have been able to do it?

The issue with Soko really was always that he didn't leave up to his potential strengths. In that respect there should be no way Chuck with passable but not great wrestling gets him down but equally you can't rule out Soko making an error or gassing and then getting takedown down.

Standing I think Chuck would have been able to hold his own although Soko would have been a threat early.

In a hypothetical fight in their primes, I believe Chuck would need to take Sokoudjou down, as Sokoudjou was simply too devastating on the feet.

So the question is, would he have been able to do it?

Lol. Random thread of the year

Sokoudjou is a two hit wonder. Liddell would probably still beat him today.

Yes, Chuck would hit a Right Hand Haymaker takedown on Sudoku

i1ehl0.gif

Dude are you kidding? Chuck in his prime had a good chin but if he felt the power of Sok, he would likely get KO'd.

rameau-thierry-sokoudjou_antonio-rodrigo-nogueira.gif

Chuck would not want any part of this.
I hear you, but Chuck is a much better striker. Go ahead and tell me all about Sok's resume. It reads 2 credible wins; Liddell KO's him.

Lol.

You honestly may be winning the prize for most random thread/question of the month, at least.

Personally I would like to know whether Prime Rampage would have been able to submit Tim Sylvia.

better first round cardio- prime Soko or Lombard?

Would prime motivated BJ Penn be able to butterfly sweep green Brock Lesnar on his 2nd course of diverticulitis medication from the Canadian healthcare system?

Sokoudjou looks like a monster but he's 18-16, 12 loses by TKO/KO. What are we talking about?

Sokoudjou looks like a monster but he's 18-16, 12 loses by TKO/KO. What are we talking about?
Yes but he's clearly declined. Sokoudjou in Pride, who had KO's Nog and Arona was a tough fight for anyone. Machida was forced to use his wrestling cause he didn't want any part of him on the feet.

Imo Lidell would survive first minutes and land something.He could take Soko down.

Back