Would Mark Hunt Win the Bellator HW Grand Prix Easy If He Was In It?

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just curious what folks think. He is still ranked very high in UFC, but is course past his prime years.

I think so, Bader could be a tough fight but it's not like Hunts TDD is terrible. Getting out wrestled by Blaydes, Brock on PEDS and facing Stipe when Hunt had a terrible weight cut isn't nothing to be ashamed about. I'm not sure how Bader will look as HW but I think he'd be the only guy who'd give Hunt troubles.

Mo would wrestle him to a decision. Possibly tko him from gnp

The winner of mo and Bader beats him

Loses to: King Mo, Bader
50/50: Mitrione, Rampage, Fedor
Beats: Mir, Nelson, Sonnen

EAsily dispatches all but bader and mo. Hard to call those fights.

Easily? No, but he’d probably be a fair favorite. There are still avenues for people to beat him though:

Roy or Mir push him against the cage and do boring grinding fights.

Bader and Mo take him down and possibly even sub him.

Sadly he’d probably dust Fedor at this point.

Mitrione would probably give a better stand up showing than most would anticipate, but Hunt still takes it.

Mo wrestling is good but Hunt would have like 60lbs on him. Mo is getting wrecked.

I think Mitrione could outpoint Mark. Bader can have some success with his wrestling too.

Mark obliterates the likes of Fedor, Rampage, Sonnen, etc.

I think so

Mitrione almost got put away by that other Samoan guy and Hunt hits way harder than him

Plus Hunt already knocked out Mir and Nelson and Chael would get knocked out, so would King Mo but Bader might be the one matchup that gives Hunt trouble but I'd still favor Hunt

50/50 rampage ? Come on man Rampage ain't doing shit to Hunt

Rampage would instatap vs Hunt. Bader could be a problem but Hunt would do pretty well tbh.

Win easy? Hell, no.

• I'd favor Bader to TD and outcardio him
  • And I think Mitrione would be a very tough fight. Matt has longer reach, faster hands, and good power himself. Hunt would have to eat a lot of punishment successfully before landing his own.
  • And in-shape Mir could be a challenge. Granted, it's dubious that guy is showing up.

Would be fun to watch sonnen shooting on Hunto

Nope. I’d pick Fedor and any of the LHWs save Hampage over him.

Back