Would it be possible to make MMA betting section viewable only for registred users?

Officer_Brown

The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face.
Banned
Reaction score
As my title says. Some of us have strong feeling that bookies visit this place and see our valuable information. Every time we post something that public doesnt know about the line starts moving. Don't like this at all. We don't think any random visitor deserves our information and breakdowns. Make them register too.
Thanks.
@EzFlyer is the head boss there. Maybe he wants to support this idea? haven't talked to him

eh, the bookies could just create an account and lurk that way lol not sure this would make a difference either way

agreed w JB. paranoia more than anything

Agree. The info about Frankestein was good (example), but 'the 'bookie' look this and put him as dog. I will wait lines out for put my infos here in nexts events. Fuck you bookies.

I seriously doubt Bookeis are lurking on these forums guys. The Bookies aren't the ones making the lines either, It's Kalikas as far as I know. And I highly doubt this forum even makes up 1% of the money wagered on MMA in the world. There are some decent bettors on this forum but it's mostly made up of casuals, I don't see this forum swaying the way books set their lines.

I seriously doubt Bookeis are lurking on these forums guys. The Bookies aren't the ones making the lines either, It's Kalikas as far as I know. And I highly doubt this forum even makes up 1% of the money wagered on MMA in the world. There are some decent bettors on this forum but it's mostly made up of casuals, I don't see this forum swaying the way books set their lines.

i actually disagree w/this post.

i actually disagree w/this post.

Didn't Kalikas lurk on zewkey years ago? That was a much smaller forum than this is.

If I were him I would absolutely be actively reading mma gambing forums.

The casuals are the people who bet Brennan Ward over Daley, or McDonald over Lineker as examples. We are probably the smartest group of public bettors on the internet

eh, the bookies could just create an account and lurk that way lol not sure this would make a difference either way
yeah but we would get less random guests who cause the line movement not in favor for us

the mma world (mma betting world) is pretty small.
Sure its small compared to the Football or Basketball betting world. But still this forum is only made up of a few hundred people (I'm assuming) and most are $50 casual bettors.

If you check tapology Johnson is favoured with like 75% and frankie is taking this on short notice after looking like shit in his last fight, Im not that surprised Johnson being the favourite

If you check tapology Johnson is favoured with like 75% and frankie is taking this on short notice after looking like shit in his last fight, Im not that surprised Johnson being the favourite
Its the opposite lol. Currently 71% of people favor Frankenstein and 29% johnson.

Years ago 5dimes misgraded an early prelim live bet on a fight night card. It was a small amount so I just waited assuming someone else will contact them and it would get fixed on its on own. After 12+ hours I contacted them and they fixed it right away.

It was as if my bet was the only bet placed on that side.

Point is that that the public will wager huge amounts on big fights, but they don't give a shit about Panjota vs Shelton.

Years ago 5dimes misgraded an early prelim live bet on a fight night card. It was a small amount so I just waited assuming someone else will contact them and it would get fixed on its on own. After 12+ hours I contacted them and they fixed it right away.

It was as if my bet was the only bet placed on that side.

Point is that that the public will wager huge amounts on big fights, but they don't give a shit about Panjota vs Shelton.

it's happened more recently than that... as recently as a couple bellators back.. jim gunn & i both bet a certain prop that lost (tho should've won) and it was graded a win. gotta mean no one bet the other side.

and i've seen lots of other examples for years, yea.

Was I meant to be tagged in the post addressed to expert bettors?

I personally think people overstate the importance of this forum. It seems almost everyone is on Shevchenko, and the line isn't really budging far. There are other examples where most of the thread was on one side and the other side was being bet.

I actually think the most influence would be on lines not released on lesser known fighters. Basically the lines where the general public would maybe not know where to cap. I can see this forum having some influence on that if a lot of people agree, but remember, there are a shitload of bettors out there.

I am really curious if the forum input has some influence on odds . I though we are 1 of thousands bettors out there . People bet here low amounts of money, there are ppl that putting thousands.
Well maybe it's worth to do a test. On some next events : Ez will pm people to hype some total bum and we will see where it goes xD

Back