Would GSP have not retired at 32 if he could finish opponents?

TS somehow finds ways to still make GSP threads even when they make no sense whatsoever

GSP took more mental wear than physical wear, his preparation was like an obsession for him which wore him out mentally but was also part of the reason he was so good.
So I don't believe he would have retired later if he finished more fights.

I don't remember GSP taking any serious damage in any of these fights except the Hendricks one.

display_image.jpg

GSP left in December of 2013.

Coincidentally, the exact same month that NSAC began their enhanced testing program.

Take what you want from that.

Ok truth is freedom, why don't you tell us. Your name implies that you deal in facts and not speculation and insinuations, am I right?
That comment was probably not intended that way so please help me prove that you are not a hypocrite judging by the stark difference in you account name and your actions.

If you look at GSP’s opponents there is an eerie statistic of how they decline and get Finished by others afterwards. GSP could not finish while the next WW that fights them can. So does fighting GSP make their level go down or they were just cans or does going through 25 minute fights over and over make you less capable?

There are a lot of variables in the fights.
Obviously MMA is not a chess game. There are literally millions of different scenarios.

The only one who has GSP’s dick down their throats is you hence why you can’t stop talking about him.

How many threads is it now? A serious crush you got
Says the guy who defends GSP in every post in every way every time no matter what the circumstance. You should just gtfo. Stop trying to distract from the thread topic.

You know what I’m taking about. Can you give another example of someone who has been unable to finish and thus retired early?

We can talk about him/her then

There are a lot of variables in the fights.
Obviously MMA is not a chess game. There are literally millions of different scenarios.
I feel like that is a cop out answer. If you are long time mma fan then you have seen hundreds of fights with thousands of scenarios. Using pattern recognition I am asking if anyone has noticed if having 5 round 5 minute fights for 5 years might have an impact on your longevity vs a person who finishes fights.

Says the guy who defends GSP in every post in every way every time no matter what the circumstance. You should just gtfo. Stop trying to distract from the thread topic.

You know what I’m taking about. Can you give another example of someone who has been unable to finish and thus retired early?

We can talk about him/her then

Defend? Pointing out the obvious doesn’t mean I’m defending since there’s nothing to actually defend.

The majority of your threads are about GSP and all of them are a load of shite.

How many fighters have we seen break right down over the years?
If you think about it, there are many examples of the reality of how taxing on the mind and body that this career choice can be. If you are at the top of the game, I believe it is exceptionally hard. The fact that some of these people can exist in the pressure cooker for a decade is ridiculous.

Just imagine the stress of trying to balance a normal life with all the expectations and commitments that come with getting camp after camp right, doing press tours and staying on top. Regular joes are not built for this and wouldn't want to do it. Some crazy bastards do it and never make a bunch of money.

The fact that the guy is a millionaire and still wanted to come back obviously means he really loves it. If that were me, I would say you all gfys and I would be on an island somewhere.

Him loving it doesn't mean a smart guy like him won't recognize that there is a consequence of the miles he has put on.

Defend? Pointing out the obvious doesn’t mean I’m defending since there’s nothing to actually defend.

The majority of your threads are about GSP and all of them are a load of shite.
So we agree that the best solution is you gtfo. Thanks. Load of bollocks you are (did I use that right you cigarette?)

Does toner have a new account to bash GSP yet? I haven't been on here much lately.

GSP went into semi-retiement imo because of the mental strain. You could see it. GSP seems to me like a perfectionist who borders on OCD. It's what drive him to be so perfect in so many facets of the game. His attention to detail was impressive. But the strain of being so focused for so long is a lot to bear.
The best post in the thread.

GSP’s commitment to excellence coupled with his knee injuries costing him a little performance seemed to be why he was ready to walk away.

He really wasn’t in many wars as suggested in the OP.

Everybodye knows Woodley is only 1 year younger than GSP but GSP is considered much more aged in fighting years.

GSP doesn’t have anything left to prove at WW but is he cherry picking because he just can’t take any more? He practically lost to Hendricks and hung up his gloves but if he was able to finish guys like Koscheck, Hardy, Diaz, Alvez etc... would he have had a longer career?

Being unable to finish puts you in wars that maybe takes a toll on your body and GSP perhaps knew he couldn’t take anymore and would lose to the very next guy. Lawler was coming up and Woodley also had big power.

Maybe when it comes to 5 round fights, it’s better for your career to get out of there quickly rather than go 25 minutes to win.

GSP is just a cautious guy who rarely found himself in a situation where there was any urgency to finish. He's plenty "able" to finish fights. We should know this from what happened when it started to look like a five round fight was going to be a tough feat against Bisping.

Back