Would Cro Cop in his prime be a bad match up for DC ?

Same here, Mirko was a fantastic striker but I don't remember him being that good in the clinch, something DC is great at.

Mirko was awesome in the clinch.

Mirko in a ring would KO him within the first 10 minutes of the fight.

In a cage with elbows? DC has a much better shot to win, but I would still favor Mirko just because of how they match-up.

Crocop his prime under Pride rules is a bad matchup for any wrestler.

But DC is all about singles, and clinching in the Octagon would present problems but in the ring with ropes would make it a very interesting fight.

That said DC has a better chin than Fedor so he could handle Crocop's left straight better but how would he handle a Crocop liver or head kick.

Crocop kicks way harder than Jones now matter how much steroids old chicken legs does.

But we already saw Fedor beat Cro-cop in his prime. I don't understand the question.

CroCop is going to maintain the distance and find a head shot KO more than 5//10 times? Yeah, I don't think so either.

DC closes the distances and bullies CroCrop 7/10 times.

I love watching Crocop fight and he has a compelling personality but he is absurdly overrated. He was in his prime when he came to the UFC and he did nothing! He looked great against other overrated fighters in Pride, and yes, he could knock my head clean off, but against even middling UFC competition his vaunted LHK wasn't sending anyone to the hospital, let alone the cemetery.

You mean if they fought in Japan, and Cro Cop was allowed to juice... and had backstage influence to manipulate fights?

Yea, he would definitely stand a chance because Pride would constantly book guys on short notice to fight him... or inform guys that they would be fighting a wrestler then BAM tell them on a week's notice that they'd be fighting CroCop... while CroCop has months to prepare for that fighter.

No version of CroCop succeeds in the UFC. Hell, he couldn't even get it done pre-usada... he would have been a big flop in USADA era

Prime Crocop will beat Alistair Overeem but not DC
Overeem manhandled him, then CroCop became the first fighter to get stretchered out for being unintentionally hit in the groin

Overeem manhandled him, then CroCop became the first fighter to get stretchered out for being unintentionally hit in the groin

hqdefault.jpg

"I Handled It Better Than Him, For Sure!"

You mean if they fought in Japan, and Cro Cop was allowed to juice... and had backstage influence to manipulate fights?

Yea, he would definitely stand a chance because Pride would constantly book guys on short notice to fight him... or inform guys that they would be fighting a wrestler then BAM tell them on a week's notice that they'd be fighting CroCop... while CroCop has months to prepare for that fighter.

No version of CroCop succeeds in the UFC. Hell, he couldn't even get it done pre-usada... he would have been a big flop in USADA era
"Yea, he would definitely stand a chance because Pride would constantly book guys on short notice to fight him... or inform guys that they would be fighting a wrestler then BAM tell them on a week's notice that they'd be fighting CroCop... while CroCop has months to prepare for that fighter."

Hmmm... What you said is puzzling tbh...

Crocop had months to train for this or that fighter?

Well, cocky as he was, he was already considering
himself an elite striker and the top one in Pride,
so he naturally had to focus on ONE thing while
waiting for a Pride fight: his groundgame...

Wont u agree?

On a sidenote, he was the A-Side... It is what it is.

See the McNuggets´ FW situation in Modern UFC...

Always been like that, since the early boxing days...

B4 the Dos Caras fight, Pride announced an open challenge to get a decent opponent
for Crocop.

But we already saw Fedor beat Cro-cop in his prime. I don't understand the question.
it was a tough fight for fedor. he had to give his best. probably his best performance ever.
also fedor has the speed advantage over dc.
in that fight imo dc would've lost by being a slower target.

Back