Would Cro Cop in his prime be a bad match up for DC ?

it would of been a hell of a war that probably would have ended up like his fight against fedor. i see DC getting a decision over cro cop. IMO DC would be able to stay away from cro cop's left high kick, he'd be able to close the distance and get the clinch and impose his will. he would eat a few straight lefts that would put him on wobbly legs, but he'd keep composed and grind out a decision. that's how i see it playing out.

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif

/Thread

DC is black Fedor so this fight basically happened already but if they were to fight once again DC would probably eat the kicks and overwealm him with conditioning.

Don't think DC is THAT close to Fedor though, most obviously he's not anywhere near as quick as Fedor nore as good defencively plus for me hasn't shown cardio on the same level.

I think Mirko's ability to control range and land fight ending counters on guys looking to close him down would be bad news for Cormier. Grappling wise DC might get him down but I don't really see him doing much if he does, Mirko's defensive guard(and ability to get back to it) was pretty strong.

there are arguments on both sides. they are bad matchups for each other.

I don't think Mirko losing to Randleman is a great argument for DC either, I mean yeah Cormier is a better fighter being far more consistant with fewer weaknesses but I don't think he has the ability to land a punch so quickly and powerfully nore follow up with GnP like that.

DC beats anyone under 6 foot 4 with ease. DC also beats anyone above 6 foot 4. Only 6 foot 4 jones can give him trouble because he has the speed, reflexes, endurance, power and craftiness to compete with DC couples with the fact that he took roids.

He's hardly a great kicker. Yet he force-fed DC that shinbone.
he's a dynamic striker and talent. he has many more overall tools to goad...a cro-cop head kick is something you obviously gameplan for.

The way DC fights though is I think vulnerable to someone who can catch him on the way in with kicks and knees, again I don't think you can compare him to Fedor who was really quick getting inside on Mirko and indeed showed amazing defence to mid kicks.

Last edited:
I think DC would pull a Randleman and have Mirko thinking about the TD and then DC hits him with an overhand and puts him away.

DC by ground and pound of its prime vs prime.

If USADA is involved Crocop would be probably die

Prime Mirko would KTFO him

Every Pride fighter is a bad matchup for a non-Pride fighter on Sherdog.

Its completely dependent on how Cro Cop would have been able to defend the takedown. The majority of Cro Cop fights in his prime were in the ring where wrestling wasn't as big of a factor. That would have to come into play as well

Cro Cop and Nog were on some of the best runs of their careers headed into the UFC, both ran into Frank Mir and we know the end.

the fact of the matter is, cormier sucks at dealing with kicks

tenor.gif

Cro cop is very good with kicks. Better than the guys in the gif above.

f59a2Uu.gif

uuhaCfq.gif

tumblr_m4qkngLP9E1rtq7cko1_540.jpg

381573d1343475199-mirko-cro-cop-vs-heath-herring-liver-kick-picture-2145f2w.jpg

Back