Would CM Punk have done better if he fought like a street fighter against Mike Jackson?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Because Punk went in trying to fight with technique and it was absolutely horrific. So for a guy who has next to zero technical skill, would be have done better just going out and swinging for the fences, getting angry, using his emotion, and treating it like a street fight? After rewatching the fight, I spotted several moments where Punk could have rocked Jackson and maybe even brought the fight to him, but he totally missed it because he was too busy dancing around and covering his face like a total tard, and trying to be technical with his striking.

Because Punk went in trying to fight with technique and it was absolutely horrific. So for a guy who has next to zero technical skill, would be have done better just going out and swinging for the fences, getting angry, using his emotion, and treating it like a street fight? After rewatching the fight, I spotted several moments where Punk could have rocked Jackson and maybe even brought the fight to him, but he totally missed it because he was too busy dancing around and covering his face like a total tard, and trying to be technical with his striking.
He would gas quickly and end up looking even worse.

He tried that against Mickey Gall. Didn't go the way he wanted it to.

If he was a street fighter who knew how to throw a punch, maybe. The guy is pathetic.

He tried that against Mickey Gall. Didn't go the way he wanted it to.

Yeah but 98% of that fight took place on the ground. But against Jackson, when the fight had been standing for a while, I'm thinking he should have just started throwing bolos.

Yeah but 98% of that fight took place on the ground. But against Jackson, when the fight had been standing for a while, I'm thinking he should have just started throwing bolos.

Probably hard to berimbolo a guy when you can't even do a guillotine.

He would have done better if he had actually trained like he claimed.

He's used to BS'ing and boasting because that's what he's been doing his entire life, how he got his job, and what he did at his job. I can tell he didn't take his training seriously. Literally no one is that bad after a couple months of even janky semi-regular training. His face even betrays him when he lies about training regularly-- he gives the exact same "I already DID my homework!" look where he looks back with uncertainty to see if you bought it

He would have been better merely lifting weights- but then again- he'd probably do a rep and a half, fall on the couch and lie about the rest with that too. I'm starting to think that's what he actually did-- just weight machines here and there and then pull what James Franco tried to do with his absentee enrollment in multiple "PhD" programs

Last edited:
Well here is the thing: A.) he is past his physical prime and by 40 most men have slowed down quite a bit and their bodies break down more and more.

So I don't know how hew looked in his "prime" but physically he seems weak for his weight and has no power in his punches or kicks.

Going wild can work for fighters who have heavy hands and why at HW it works so well for less skilled fighters as all of those big guys hit hard as hell. But for 170lbs that will only work for a guy with a much higher than average fast twitch muscle fibers and natural KO power(see poor man's Baroni Mike Perry or Hector Lombard for example. Both those guy's have A level fast twitch fibers and despite both guy's having poor boxing skill, they can KO anyone if they land clean.

Back