Would Clubber have beaten Rocky if Mick hadn't died ?

Creed 2. with Adonis looking for revenge against his Dad's killer.

Technically there was unofficially a Balboa/Creed III, it was just behind closed doors with only the two of them knowing it took place. Fight took place inbetween Rocky III and IV. It was Creed's reward for helping to train Rocky for the rematch with Lang.

Creed was the official timekeeper for that fight too

QlVky.gif

He was destined to lose that fight. Lost the eye of the tiger and was too busy marketing his Rocky brand while Clubber trained. Rocky regrouped, changed his technique and beat Clubber at his own game in the rematch to show he was the better fighter. Awesome movie.

Technically there was unofficially a Balboa/Creed III, it was just behind closed doors with only the two of them knowing it took place. Fight took place inbetween Rocky III and IV. It was Creed's reward for helping to train Rocky for the rematch with Lang.
Loved learning about who won that rubber match in Creed. A true surprise.

Great scene. That conversation went a long way to getting Sly his Oscar nomination.

Creed is the Man too bad he did nit Roid his ass for the match againts Ivan Drago

Clubber never exploits Rocky in defeat if Mick’s healthy. He sees Mick literally collapse on the stairs in front of him. Emotions effect us all different especially Rock, since he truly loved those close to him. He was beat before he even stepped in the ring. Clubber was a one trick pony and Rock knew it after the first fight.

zQOk4h.gif

rocky-ivs1.gif

The real question is, why wasn't Thunderlips DQ'd?

thunderlips-o.gif

Now that I think about it, Rocky 3 and Rocky 4 are the same movie. Only the characters were rearranged in the plot.
In Rocky 4, a focused Creed would've beaten Drago.

What if unfocused Creed fought Clubber in part 3 instead?
What if unfocused Rocky was the first to fight Drago in part 4?
ColorfulVainIberianmidwifetoad-max-1mb.gif

I
it gave the audience the sense that if Mick had lived, Rocky could have won.

No it didn't. I don't know how you could interrupt the movie that way. Rocky was setup to fail from the beginning of the movie.

Rocky was kind of a coward. Didn't give Creed or Clubber Lang a rematch, despite the fact they both gave him immediately rematches.

I'm watching the entire series again, and Adrian is the real G.O.A.T

her man up speech to rocky on the beach puts her in G.O.A.T movie wife territory.

but no way rocky beats apollo in that last sprint. Apollo let him win.

Nope. Rocky was busy buying expensive watches and being a celebrity on the Muppet Show. His heart wasn't in fighting at the point they first fought.

What doesn't make any sense in the rocky movies, which I love, is how there was no Balboa/Creed III or Balboa/Lang III. The sports greatest fighters that produced the sports greatest fights didn't have rubber matches??? Nonsensical.

Balboa and Creed did have a rubber match but it was just them two in a gym

Creed won...Creed is the best eva

Back