Would Clubber have beaten Rocky if Mick hadn't died ?

Now that I think about it, Rocky 3 and Rocky 4 are the same movie. Only the characters were rearranged in the plot.
In Rocky 4, a focused Creed would've beaten Drago.

What if unfocused Creed fought Clubber in part 3 instead?
What if unfocused Rocky was the first to fight Drago in part 4?

For sure. Lang was hungry, Rocky was complacent and hadn't taken him seriously. Lang was going to light him up no matter what. Mickey's health taking a turn for the worse right before the fight only exacerbated the situation. Bear in mind that he had to refine his entire style with Creed to beat Lang in the rematch and even then Lang's power gave him problems.

Clubber beats Drago

Can't see it- Drago had the height, reach, the pharmaceuticals, and an absolute iron chin. You watch that Rocky IV montage War scene during the match and you see even though it's a dog fight, Rocky is getting dropped multiple times while Drago keeps his feet under him till the end when Rocky ultimately crushes him with a ton of unanswered shots to the body setting up the knockout blow to the head.

Can't see it- Drago had the height, reach, the pharmaceuticals, and an absolute iron chin. You watch that Rocky IV montage War scene during the match and you see even though it's a dog fight, Rocky is getting dropped multiple times while Drago keeps his feet under him till the end when Rocky ultimately crushes him with a ton of unanswered shots to the body setting up the knockout blow to the head.

Yeah man. Motivated Rocky handled Clubber fairly easily (at least by Rocky standards). Rocky trained even harder for Drago and got beaten up so bad he had to retire.

edit: also, Creed would've destroyed Clubber so badly.

Yeah man. Motivated Rocky handled Clubber fairly easily (at least by Rocky standards). Rocky trained even harder for Drago and got beaten up so bad he had to retire.

edit: also, Creed would've destroyed Clubber so badly.

I agree with you that Creed would have picked him apart big time. Rocky basically took on the footwork of Apollo and being less explosive and athletic than Creed, still put on a clinic. Apollo would have run that game in his prime.

Everyone knows that old saying. "if you jump rope by slot machines, man who does chin ups on leaky pipes will kick your ass"

I think it's pretty clear too that Mason The Line Dixon was the least heelish of the Rocky heels. Even though Apollo was a good dude and not an asshole in the first, he definitely went full heel in the sequel, trying to goad Rocky into the rematch before turning face for the third.

Drago, meanwhile, actually wouldn't have been that bad at all if

a.) he wasn't on the special sauce
b.) he didn't kill Apollo and show zero remorse for it.

If anything, Drago has the worst action of any of the bad guys, but is actually the least of an asshole in terms of demeanor and verbal antics. Even the exhibition bout, you can't fault Drago for unleashing the fury- he was that much better than Creed at that stage in the game and Rocky could have thrown the towel.

Then again, Drago does complete douche move of tossing the ref aside to inflict more damage.

Yes. Clubber still would have won. Rocky III is my least favorite of the Rocky movies. Too much campy melodrama.

rockyapollo_original.gif
Its my favorite, that midget retard finaly got a whooping

Burgess Meredith RIP

Tommy Morrison RIP

Tony Burton RIP.

Sage Stallone RIP.

Joe Spinell RIP.

Thayer David RIP.

John G. Avildsen RIP.

Leonard Gaines RIP.

Paul Micale RIP.

Ran across this and thought it was pretty cool.

His huge changes came st 42, when he got strong, then 47, bigger, then 52, massive.
Why did he look soft at 32 or 33?

His huge changes came st 42, when he got strong, then 47, bigger, then 52, massive.

I dunno, but he gives me hope for the future.

Something that often isn't given its due credit is how Rocky had to keep evolving from movie to movie (in the early going) in order to stay competitive, whether it was learning to fight right handed, learning to box instead of slug, etc. These are things that a lesser writer than prime Stallone wouldn't have bothered with.

And with that in mind, Clubber Lang was a better Rocky than Rocky. Rocky was from the streets, but Clubber seemed like he was from maximum security prison. Rocky had power but Clubber had more. Rocky "fought like a goddamn ape" but Clubber fought like an enraged gorilla.

So Rocky either needed to train like he did in Rocky 1 or Rocky 4 to have a chance to weather the storm against Clubber, which he didn't for the first fight, or he had to come under Apollo's wing and develop the new skillset that allowed him to dance around and rope-a-dope him. Either way, he had to lose the first time around to learn his lesson.

In the early-mid 80s he started training with Franco Columbu.

He replaced the workouts he and Frank learned in Hell's Kitchen with the forms and nutrition of a Mr. Olympia winner.

Last edited:
Is it called LANG?

(I'd fucking watch LANG.)

In the early-mid 80s he started training with Franco Columbu.

He replaced the workouts he and Frank learned in Hell's Kitchen with the forms and nutrition of a Mr. Olympia winner.
So then he started roiding?

Back