Would Bruce Lee do well in MMA?

Would Bruce Lee do well in MMA?

• Total voters
latest

He was ahead of his time, plucking him from his time period and throwing him in the UFC would be unfair though.

He was a true martial artist too not just an actor. With that being said, he would lose to every single fighter in the UFC.

He was ahead of his time, plucking him from his time period and throwing him in the UFC would be unfair though.

He would obviously train differently and intensely if he was going to fight in MMA.

Been coming here for 12 fucking years and can’t escape this shit. No. Once and for all, no. How does he garner 45% of the vote?!

Been coming here for 12 fucking years and can’t escape this shit. No. Once and for all, no. How does he garner 45% of the vote?!

I think I love you, Hespectfully.

hell no. look at how basic his punching technique is, and this bag weighs no more than 30lbs.

much respect to what he did, but in no way would he ever be good enough to be a UFC level fighter. His mind is what made him special, everything else is half-truths retold by McBlackbelts from Karate gyms or other people with questionable legitimate fighting credentials.

He'd be 77 years old today, so I imagine he'd get his ass kicked.

He got taught to grapple buy "Judo" Gene Lebell, it wasn't like he was a complete novice in the grappling elements of what is MMA so I think he would do well in 125/135 divisions, provided he had some time to cross train and prepare.

Would Jackie Chan? Would Wesley Snipes? Would Jean Claude Van Damme? Would Sylvester Stallone? Would Matthew Modine? The fact that people even wonder about it is a testament to the power of Bruce Lee's legacy.

What does "do well" even mean? If Bruce Lee were alive and wanted to have an MMA fight, I'm sure whoever promoted it could find someone in his same weight class that he would have at least a decent chance of beating. They've been able to do that for pretty much every celebrity or part-timer that has tried out MMA or any other combat sport. But if Bruce Lee wanted to have a 10 fight career again real, experienced MMA fighters, would he win more fights than he lost? No, almost certainly not. And definitely not without training specifically for MMA above and beyond whatever applicable knowledge he took to the grave with him.

Nobody would know who Mighty Mouse is if Bruce did MMA.

For what its worth, Eric Paulson was one of his students and so was Yorinaga Nakamura, who in 1992 form Shooto USA before the UFC was formed.

Seemed like they understood grappling way back then.

As a ring card girl, maybe.

Seriously, he has no documented fights.

If you want to idolize little, old, guys, Helio Gracie was having real fights long before Bruce Lee was pretending to be a fighter.

The Brazilians were fighting Vale Tudo decades before anyone watched fake karate movies.

Back