Would America be a better place is Christianity didn't Exist?

Handsomebwonderfull

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm saying right now poof it ceases to exist gone. Would the country be safer, more productive and more innovative?

My opinion is no.

Thoughts?

no the void would just be eventually filled with some other mechnism of control

just like anything, christianity isnt the problem or religon, people are the problem

That's why the polling is skewed and you have a false correlation. Atheist or deist tend to be white or asian in america. Asians and whites have low crime rate. I would tie poverty into crime rate more than religion.

I don't think so. I've been an atheist since I was 12, but I think certain people do get a lot of value from believing in a deity. There is a hell of a lot wrong with organized religion but to completely discount the positive impacts it has had and continues to have on people is disingenuous and/or naive.

While I'm no fan of religion, I'd be lying if I didn't say many Christian organizations run great charities in communities across the nation. Would that type of work continue with the church? Maybe, but can't say for sure.

No, and if you want proof, try hanging around atheists and then around Christians then figure out which group is angrier and uglier. I also wouldn't want Judaism to go away. Really anything that would make your goals just taking care of your family is a benefit for society. I'm not Jewish, Christian, or Mormon, but it would be the best day of my life if I moved into a neighborhood full of practicing Jews, Christians, or Mormons if that was the only information I had about the neighborhood. Definitely wouldn't say the same about moving into a neighborhood full of Muslims or atheists.

I'm saying right now poof it ceases to exist gone. Would the country be safer, more productive and more innovative?

My opinion is no.

Thoughts?

So what would be in it's Place?

All religions or just christianity?

Pay special attention to 3:17. That' basically shows you straight up evidence/facts of why Christianity helps make America a better place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I wish all three of the desert religions would just disappear.

Pay special attention to 3:18. That' basically shows you straight up evidence/facts of why Christianity helps make America a better place.

You've convinced me of the benefit of belief rip.

So mashallah I'm reverting to Islam.

Islam would be the first to go in my book, but Christianity is a close second.

Pay special attention to 3:18. That' basically shows you straight up evidence/facts of why Christianity helps make America a better place.

just to be completely honest that wasnt convincing at all

just like any human being, we dont need some kind of end game to be able to convince ourselves to live our life morally and treat others as we would want to be treated.

Sometimes I wish all three of the desert religions would just disappear.
Sometimes I wish I grew up as a Shintoist
img14.gif

You've convinced me of the benefit of belief rip.

So mashallah I'm reverting to Islam.
Ha ha! Funny.

Follow the teachings of Jesus instead of the teachings of Mohammed. We will all be better off.

Pay special attention to 3:17. That' basically shows you straight up evidence/facts of why Christianity helps make America a better place.

You believe God elected Trump. What does that say about your religious beliefs?

Imagine a country without dumb evangelicals voting in equally stupid people like Louie Gohmert and the other religious nut cases in the House Freedom Caucus

Maybe than we can accomplish stuff without these obstructionist idiots ruining progress

Back