Would a man with a machete scare you enough for you to run away?

Bruce9241

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I carry a machete in my car. It's one of those crappy camping machetes they sell at Wal-Mart.

I have it for protection and camping. This thing is pretty cheap, but it looks very dangerous.

Would a big machete scare you into running away? That would be my goal. I wouldn't actually want to use this on someone. It probably won't even cut through their jeans. I just want to have someone see it and run away, so I can run away.

if you pull out a machete without the desire to use it, you're only going to negatively escalate the situation. i have a machete in my car, and i'm prepared to use it, but i don't go out looking for a fight so i can hurt someone.

Depends on the situation. If I'm unarmed and by myself, like out for a stroll or at a party or something, and somebody pulls a machete, then I'm going to run the other way if possible. I'm not going to stick around long enough to see what brand of machete it is, what quality, and if its sharp or not. If I'm out with friends/family, I would have to try and protect them somehow, and the quality of the machete might come into play. If I'm at home alone, I arm myself with one of my own blades/any other weapon available, call the police, and either try to escape the house or lock myself in a room until the cops arrive. If my roommates are home, then I arm myself and my roommates if possible, call the police, and try to incapacitate, kill, or drive off the intruder. If I were the aggressor (which is highly unlikely since I don't rob/assault people or pick fights), then I suppose it would depend on why I was attacking this machete wielding dude in the first place. All of this is assuming that I don't just freeze up as soon as I see the blade and get chopped in the face or something.

So TS, I think that your shitty machete should be enough to scare off most people...except the ones that are crazy or dead set on robbing you/doing you harm, in which case you will have to defend yourself with a weapon that you don't have much confidence in. A cheap machete is better than no machete at all, but I would recommend that you get yourself a Cold Steel machete. It feels really solid, has a non-slip handle, is very sharp, and only cost me a little over $20 Canadian.

If you've ever seen what a cheap, rusty $2 African panga panga can do to human flesh, you know you don't need a Cold Steel machete to inflict grievous and deadly wounds.

In this day and age everyone carries,, if you pull out a machete that gives the other guy justification to shoot you where you stand.

If you've ever seen what a cheap, rusty $2 African panga panga can do to human flesh, you know you don't need a Cold Steel machete to inflict grievous and deadly wounds.

That may very well be, but do you know of any stores that sell them? Cause I don't. Like I said, any machete is better than no machete, but if you're willing to pay $15-20 dollars for a crappy machete from Wal-mart then you might as well get a decent machete from Cold Steel for around the same price.

The human being is so fragile sometimes. I would run for my life. I mean a knife? You might be awesome at MT, BJJ, whatever if you make a mistake you can get stabbed. That's the thing human being's are also unpredictable. Just one little slice on the jugular and it's bye bye.

A hard blow to the skull, even with the dull end of the cutlass can seriously fuck a guy up. Trust me, I know, the cutlass is one of the more commonly used weapons in Trinidad.

Unless I have a gun, then yeah.

Going hand-to-hand with a guy with a blade is never a good idea. If I wasn't armed, yeah, I got no problem running, or a better term, "creating distance". I've seen people dead from getting stabbed with little piece of shit folding pocket knives, so all the talk about "quality" blades doesn't mean a thing when that cheap knife is ripping through your flesh and into your vital organs.

And in any knife fight, yes, you WILL get cut.

I carry a machete in my car. It's one of those crappy camping machetes they sell at Wal-Mart.

I have it for protection and camping. This thing is pretty cheap, but it looks very dangerous.

Would a big machete scare you into running away? That would be my goal. I wouldn't actually want to use this on someone. It probably won't even cut through their jeans. I just want to have someone see it and run away, so I can run away.

yes of course i would are u fucking high, if someone pointed a gun in my face and told me to suck his dick i'm suking that thing will to live comes over pride, why do u need a machete for camping

Yes, if he has a machete I'm gonna book it.

jason.jpg

Hell, if it's an old man with a pocketknife is a good reason to take off, he might really really really(x23) know how to use it.

Hannibal_0.jpg

I'd be terrified of a guy with a machete, so I would:
a) Run away

And if I can't, then
b) Pull out my gun and see what he does next

Absolutely. Even if I had a small self defense knife of some sort, a machete is nothing to fuck with. It's pretty much a short sword.

I'm thinking of buying a Cold Steel kukri machete; Hurricane Brad, what do you think of yours? What style of machete did you get?

No contest, if your assailant is unarmed...

I would be in my car at the site of a machete.

If I'm out minding my own business and some chode pulls a blade, I'm going to shoot him dead.

If I'm unarmed, I will run like a little girl and pray he doesn't know how to throw it like Jason.

In all seriousness, it's better than nothing. Pulling out a machete would be grounds for a justified shooting though. Keep in mind some states would consider a hidden machete a concealed weapon.

Anyone with half a brain would turn around and say "fuck it" unless they had a gun on them

i have no fear of getting my ass kicked, its happened many times before and will happen in my future as well. getting your ass kicked ypu get up, hurt for a day and then get on with life. im ok with that, losing my life is another thing and not even close to worth messing with, if some one put a machete in my face i would be greatful for the years i spent doing track... my ass would be long gone before he even got to swingin

yes of course i would are u fucking high, if someone pointed a gun in my face and told me to suck his dick i'm suking that thing will to live comes over pride, why do u need a machete for camping

If someone had a gun to my face and said suck his dick, I would tell him to shoot. Self pride and dignity comes over acting like a dog.

Back