Worst Wrestling Games You've Played

WWE 2K for iOS. Barely anything for CAW and the grappling system is "Swipe one way and hope for the best".

I used to have a very active imagination so my entire game would revolve around the CAW system and career mode. Couldn't keep playing after five minutes...

WCW/nWo Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, and WWF: No Mercy are not only my three favorite wrestling games ever, they're all probably in my top 5 favorite games ever. How many hours we wasted playing 40-man battle royals in Revenge where you could only win by KO (or, as we called it, making someone "fall down funny").

Actually I figured I was the only one that did this.

Many hours wasted indeed..

backyard wrestling 2: there goes the neighborhood

Game was absolute shyte

WCW/nWo Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, and WWF: No Mercy are not only my three favorite wrestling games ever, they're all probably in my top 5 favorite games ever. How many hours we wasted playing 40-man battle royals in Revenge where you could only win by KO (or, as we called it, making someone "fall down funny").

Anything post N64 is in the "worst" category for me because I'm too old for all the goddamn buttons on controllers anymore. I had a game for PS2 that I totally sucked at (and didn't think it was as fun as the N64 games anyway). Then I got one of the 2K games for XBox 360 (the AE one) and I just never got into it.

Also, for great games, a shout out to Pro Wrestling for NES.

Fuck yeah. I was having this conversation with a buddy a few days ago. I'm 30, he's 32, huge wrestling fans, and when those 3D THQ N64 wrestling games started coming out that was one of the greatest moments of our childhoods. Can't imagine how many hours spent playing those games.

Those were the gold standard for me, so I hated the non-THQ games like Warzone, Mayhem, etc.

That and also Mayhem too

I can't remember if I played Mayhem, and I'm pretty sure I never played Backstage Assault, but I played WCW Nitro for the N64 and I hated it.

Can't remember which Smackdown it was, but it had a story mode that lasted 3 matches for each wrestler.

That's pathetic.

Back