Worst Wrestling Games You've Played

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was going to start a "best wrestling games" thread but there's plenty floating around in the forums. I figured everyone is going to say "Fire Pro Wrestling Returns", "Here Comes The Pain", and "No Mercy" anyways.

Smack Down vs Raw 2008: Certainly not the worst but even me as a kid knew the 24/7 story mode was awful. The cutscenes and storylines would repeat and often make zero sense. You couldn't join the much hyped ECW brand in 24/7 mode. This was also the time THQ made matches and characters slow for added realism. Graphics looked amazing for 2007 and the GM mode wasn't too bad.

ECW Hardcore Revolution: Rented this game from Blockbuster back in the mid-2000s. Copy/paste of WWF Attitude, which wasn't even a good game to begin with.

WWE 2K15: Barebones game with almost no redeeming value whatsoever. Basically the WWE version of EA UFC. Coming off the heels of two great WWE games; WWE 13 and 2K14. Expectations were set too high for this one. With the processing power of the PS4 and Xbox One, this game was complete bullshit and should have never been made.

WWF Betrayal: Played this on a friend's Game Boy so I never owned it. Just Google it.....

In best I'll add WWE All Stars, the only modern wrestling game not to be a counter timing kick in the balls.

In worst the jabby wocky striking of Smackdown Shut Your Mouth (air juggling hilarity aside) and all modern games that rely on counters. When 2k took over I would have given this directive, use the same engine but no one can ever touch R2. After a single punch unless you can time a counter the opposition can string together a trillion moves. I hate countering in these games so much I'd only pick up another edition if it was impossible to counter under all circumstances.

Anything with Acclaim on it and 2k15 for being a glorified beta.

In best I'll add WWE All Stars, the only modern wrestling game not to be a counter timing kick in the balls.

In worst the jabby wocky striking of Smackdown Shut Your Mouth (air juggling hilarity aside).
tumblr_o8vgvchXUi1t0ik4co1_400.gif

Anything with Acclaim on it and 2k15 for being a glorified beta.
Wwf attitude and war zone for olaysatation were awesome

I even liked the playstation wrestlemania and in your house games lol but those were liked arcade styles

Wwf attitude and war zone for olaysatation were awesome

I even liked the playstation wrestlemania and in your house games lol but those were liked arcade styles
I'll respectfully disagree, Attitude and warzone were atrocious, the collision detection was buggy, the move set didn't reflect the effectiveness and worst of all it was boring. Compared to the AKI/THQ games, they were were nothing slowed down versions of the 3D Mortal Kombat I also didn't like.

I'll respectfully disagree, Attitude and warzone were atrocious, the collision detection was buggy, the move set didn't reflect the effectiveness and worst of all it was boring. Compared to the AKI/THQ games, they were were nothing slowed down versions of the 3D Mortal Kombat I also didn't like.
YEAH I know im wrongness on this one. See I was such a wwe mark I refused to play the wcw games so these crappy games were all WWE games I loved them in. and sinxe they were wwe games i loved them

I used to be subscriptions to a weekly newsletter about the wwe games that would sum from all the gaming mags and website shows previews from all the gaming mags and websites. I loved. That's newsletter letter

I

WWF In Your House on Playstation. WTF was Acclaim gaming company thinking?

Last edited:
WCW Backstage Assault

Winner.

Or that fucking one on the NES where they were just blobs.

Or that SNES arcade one with all the NBA Jam style power ups.

How about WWF: In Your House?! Where they called Ed Boon over at Acclaim and said "Hey, do that Mortal Kombat thing with this!"

Not learning their lesson, they called Ed Boon again at Netherrealm Studios and said "Hey, remember when you did that Mortal Kombat thing with us? Fancy another go?" And then we got WWE: Immortals

Any game that didn't have the weak/medium/strong grapple mechanic sucked balls.

WWF Attitude was fun just because it came out when I was like 13 and wrestling was insanely popular at the time so everyone was playing it.

WCW/nWo Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, and WWF: No Mercy are not only my three favorite wrestling games ever, they're all probably in my top 5 favorite games ever. How many hours we wasted playing 40-man battle royals in Revenge where you could only win by KO (or, as we called it, making someone "fall down funny").

Anything post N64 is in the "worst" category for me because I'm too old for all the goddamn buttons on controllers anymore. I had a game for PS2 that I totally sucked at (and didn't think it was as fun as the N64 games anyway). Then I got one of the 2K games for XBox 360 (the AE one) and I just never got into it.

Also, for great games, a shout out to Pro Wrestling for NES.

Oh I got one. Wwf raw for original Xbox was probably the wrestling game I enjoyed the least. It was a glitch fest out of the box. I remember being so excited for the game and the day before it came out IGN give it a 9/10. That's the last time I looked at an ign review

An underrated one is WWF royal rumble is for dreamcast. Game was super fun although it lacked in modes

Oh I got one. Wwf raw for original Xbox was probably the wrestling game I enjoyed the least. It was a glitch fest out of the box. I remember being so excited for the game and the day before it came out IGN give it a 9/10. That's the last time I looked at an ign review
The only good thing about that game was you could rip music to the XBox hard drive and use it for created wrestlers.

No anger for WCW Nitro or Thunder? Those games were the drizzling shits for wrestling games on the PS1, especially compared to WWF Warzone or Attitude. Hell, THQ had done a decent game prior to Nitro called WCW vs. the World.

No anger for WCW Nitro or Thunder? Those games were the drizzling shits for wrestling games on the PS1, especially compared to WWF Warzone or Attitude. Hell, THQ had done a decent game prior to Nitro called WCW vs. the World.

AKI developed that one though whereas Nitro and Thunder were developed by Inland Productions.

Back