Worst teams for bandwagon fans? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by ProBoxingInsidr, May 4, 2017.

1. TKing Brown Belt

TKing
    Simple but to the point and correct. I asked a friend who is a warriors fan today if he liked Sprewell and you would've thought I was speaking foreign, it's not like a pulled a name from a long time ago either lol

2. ProBoxingInsidr Red Belt

ProBoxingInsidr
    i think living in las vegas (or another non pro sports team city) gives you a better idea of who the bandwagon teams are. all of a sudden you see a ton of fans from teamsthat werent popular before. my examples of the warriors and seahawks being exhibit a. also, you remember back when sacramento kings were really good for a few years? where did all those lifelong fans go?

3. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    I've supported the giants and warriors ever since I lived in the bay, fuck you.

4. TheNinja Silver Belt

TheNinja
    It's getting interesting b/c the younger age kids are becoming much more a fan of a person than a team. I have a 13 year old nephew. He's a fan of a player (Curry, KD, Harden, etc.) not necessarily a local team. Kids pick a team b/c of cool colors or jerseys not how close they live to it.

The Internet and ability to see teams outside of your normal viewing range has changed the way people root for teams and allows for a lot more bandwagon fans. On the plus side if you have people jumping on your bandwagon it must mean your team is at least relevant.

Though SF Giants fans are annoying. Ever since 2010 you have no idea how many "lifelong" giants fans have come out of the woodwork claiming they've always loved the Giants. No you haven't. Just admit the truth. Just admit you've become a fan in the last 8ish years, or maybe became a fan b/c of Bonds.

5. IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt

IngaVovchanchyn
    Solid post.

6. BAM Forum Administrator

BAM
    probably those Miami Heat fans during the Lebron years. They'd leave the bandwagon halfway through the 4th during a championship run.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  7. faustian THE LOOSE CANNON

faustian
    As a lifelong Pats fan over the years (especially in 2016, 2014, 2004, 2003, 2001) it's always hilarious to watch people jump on and off the bandwagon, especially down here in South Florida lol

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  8. faustian THE LOOSE CANNON

faustian
    I think it's called being an informed and sophisticated superfan

kuromusha likes this.
  9. Rico Franklin

Rico
    Geg is a Packers fan, a Vikings fan, a Carolina fan, a Saints fan, a Texans fan, a Chiefs fan, a Dolphins fan, a Ravens fan and a Jets fan. He basically hates every team that actually wins.

I'm pretty sure he still wears one of those ugly ass leather jackets with all of the team logos on them.

[​IMG]

faustian likes this.
  10. faustian THE LOOSE CANNON

faustian
    Lmao that's despicable

Almighty Angus likes this.
  11. MarkyMcFly Red Belt

MarkyMcFly
    Yeah, doesn't being a bandwagon fan infer jumping ship to a team that's competing for championships. Been a little while for them Boys

Though, the fan base we know now probably mostly started out as bandwagon fans back in the 90's, but if you stuck with them through this point...

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  12. TeTe Keeping the inmates in line

TeTe
    You've pretty much always had die-hard Cubs fans in Chicago.. even after sucking for so many years. But it seems tickets are bit harder to come by with the Chicago transplants buying them up now.

Where you really see it is with the Blackhawks.. a huge portion of the population here becoming Hawks fans after winning their first cup.. none of which gave a fuck about hockey before then.

The funny thing about that is that I really loved hockey throughout the 90s and early 2000s before scoring and fighting dropped dramatically and by the time the Hawks became good, I pretty much stopping giving a shit about hockey.

13. stephen90 White Belt

stephen90
    LA people are the biggest bandwagon fan's in the country.

IronMan374 likes this.
  14. Cantalope Brown Belt

Cantalope
    Cowboys,Steelers, and Packers.

15. Almighty Angus Silver Belt

Almighty Angus
    Who the hell besides people that live here would root for the Bucs/Phins/Rays/Marlins/Jags/Magic

The Phins haven't won a title since '72, the Bucs haven't been to the playoffs in 10 years, the Rays have been one of the worst sports franchises in history since inaugurating into the league, and the Jags are trash. The Magic haven't been decent in 8 years, and before that it was 13 years, they are a perennial lotto pick loser.

The only team you could say has bandwagon fans, was the Heat during the 11-14 years with LeBron, and almost all of those fans are Cavs fans now.

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, is my point.

16. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    My point is, Floridians themselves are the bandwagoners. Nothing but empty arenas/stadiums all year round. Good team, bad team, they don't show up until the Finals, when they can be assured some glory. And even then, they leave the arena at the slightest hint they might lose.

Worst fans in all of Pro-Sports. Hands fucking down.

Oh' wait, is it possible that I'm talking to Florida fan extraordinaire Prime Ang? That you?

17. ProBoxingInsidr Red Belt

ProBoxingInsidr
    sounds like you have some guilt issues, thinking i was talking about you because maybe there is a hint of truth to it. i would never say you are a bandwagon fan just because you support the team who is now in your home area. after all, i am now going to be a raiders fan

18. Almighty Angus Silver Belt

Almighty Angus
    Most of what you said is true.

But "Floridians" is a broad term, I consider a Floridian someone who was born and raised here, and usually they're fans of Florida sports teams and go to games.

But most people in Florida moved here from another state, and will only go to games when their favorite teams are in town.

I've said for a while now though that the Rays need to move, even when they're good you can get tickets for free. I went to 5 or 6 games last year, and it was dead empty. The only time

they do well is bubblehead night

19. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    I had to sit through playoff games watching sf lose at home to the orioles, I've always been a Giants fan since I understood baeball

TheNinja likes this.
  20. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    My brother supports the phillies and the Indianapolis peytons which I find strange given he live in illinois