"worst stoppage ever" overturned, dober vs silva

...theres been some horrible decisions over the years that were never overturned

And that's why Leonardo Silva is disappointed with the ruling.

Fantastic, i did not believe they would but if they didn't they would never do it and could just as well scrap the option for appeal.

What happens to the potential winbonus for Silva? As i've heard previously they take a while to hand them out so i guess they just stop the transaction plan.

I find it strange that they would only do this after Herdy admitted that he made a mistake, he was prohibited from making any comments on the matter publicly, so i have a feeling that they saw his mistake and "made him" admit it so that they could get this stain off them. Or he just admitted it, who knows when he's not allowed to say anything.

Last edited:
1157.gif

Best commission Decision in history.

Didn't expect this, hopefully the American commissions learn from them.

Hilarious that Leandro Silva is actually salty about this. Classless to say the least.

Ref makes mistake. Ref acknowledges mistake. Commission acknowledges mistake. Does the right thing. All is right in the world.

Hilarious that Leandro Silva is actually salty about this. Classless to say the least.

Where can I read about this? I'm gonna devour those deliciously salty tears.

Where can I read about this? I'm gonna devour those deliciously salty tears.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/2...-agree-with-cabmma-s-decision-to-overturn-his

Edit: Also clears up all the speculation over whether he said "tap" or not, when the ref came over.

"It surprises me, but at the same time it doesn’t," Silva said. "We know this was not the first mistake a referee has made in the UFC, and it can happen in any sport. If they decided to overturn the result, I won’t protest. I don’t agree because there were many other mistakes and they never changed the result. I have a clear conscience."

"My opinion is the same," he said. "I locked the guillotine and he tried to defend himself. I watched the fight four times. You can see him holding my wrist and then letting it go. He was soft, and the referee stopped the fight and I said ‘tap’, the first word that came to my mind at that time. It wasn’t my fault. I made weight and fought, but that happened."

Last edited:
Awesome news

Stoppages are different to decisions because decisions are subjective.

please never let this guy near mma ever again. Worst ref ever.

How does Vegas treat a situation like this?

Guys who bet on Silva got paid and it was over and done with right?

Back