Worst ref in mma history

Should one of his corner jumped the fence to stop the fight?

• Total voters
Wow, yep that was bad

up there with these two as worst ever for mine

giphy.gif

"Give up? GIVE UP? GIVE UP ???"

give up.png give up 2.png give up 3.png give up 4.png give up 5.png

Seriously, he died right?

What the fuck that’s some criminal shit there

Obv dana white tells some refs to let guys he doesnt like take a longer beating. Hes criminal like that.

Late stoppage due to choke creeps me out... but late stoppage due to bludgeoning makes me smile?

Kin Winslow let Jan Finney get the snot beaten out of her by Cyborg until it just became cruel.
Whoever let Mir get repeatedly pounded out by Carwin is also a gigantic fuckwit.

This thread is horrendous. Some of these refs are pure criminals.

In MMA? The ref that had a fighter's cornerman jump into the cage and call off the fight because his fighter went unconscious after getting caught in a choke and the ref wasn't calling off the fight.

In UFC specifically? The ref that let Stipe beat Hunt like he got caught in bed with Stipe's wife. 4 and a half rounds of Stipe mauling Hunt. Fight was done after the second.

I’m sure there’s a specific reason we don’t see Yves at UFC events much anymore, but here’s a couple memorable moments in his honour.

I liked that he let some fights go longer than most, but there comes a point when it’s a real danger to the fighters.

In MMA? The ref that had a fighter's cornerman jump into the cage and call off the fight because his fighter went unconscious after getting caught in a choke and the ref wasn't calling off the fight.

In UFC specifically? The ref that let Stipe beat Hunt like he got caught in bed with Stipe's wife. 4 and a half rounds of Stipe mauling Hunt. Fight was done after the second.

Go watch junior dos Santos vs velasques 2 and 3 one after the other. Pretty disgusting to let that happen to a/your fighter. I don't understand the mentality of letting a guy get destroyed that badly- some fighters will fight until they die so keeping those guy safe from their own ego is both the refs and the corners job. Absolutely fucked.

incompetent ref, negligent corner, and even the fighter who won was wrong...he knew damn well he was out and should have rolled him over and got up. douchebaggery all around.

I still think one of the worst is Pat Curran vs. Joe Warren...that ref was incompetent af and it would be a miracle if Warren didn't sustain some enduring damage from that beating.

What seems to be overlooked here, is that it takes a special kind of dedication and inner strength to hold a squeeze that long. The guy holding the choke isn't getting enough sympathy in here, imo.

On a serious note, that was ridiculous, and hard to watch. Where the fuck did they find that ref? From his attire, looks like he was randomly picked out of the crowd.

The ref is wearing jeans for fuck sakes.

that outta tell you some thing right there

My vote goes to Herb "meet me in the boiler room with 20,000 dollars" Dean.

A minute isnt enough for actual brain damage, but that def. wasnt healthy.

Dude you can get cracked by one punch and get brain damage. There are not a set of instructions to it..

Back