Worst PPV's in Wrestling History

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
if i was gonna make a top 5 worst ppv ever from the big 3 ( WWE,WCW,ECW) it would go something like this

1) December to Disemeber (WWE)- When a PPV gets the crowd to chant TNA! its unforgivable.

2) King of the Ring 95 (WWE)- Quite possibly the most poorly booked ppv ever.

3) Hardcore Heaven 97 (ECW)- A show so bad ECW I'm pretty sure disavowed it

4) Road Wild 98 (WCW) - Goldberg going over every possible contender in one match. Brian
Adams vs Steve McMichael.....ugh

5) Wresltlepooloza 98- A show I watched recently that was so bad I honestly don't know why its not mentioned in these type of discussions more often.

The 91 Great American Bash.

Nothing you listed comes close to the horrors of the Bodyguards And Bandits PPV

In Your House 4. I watched it and I think I got AIDS from how bad it was.

In Your House 4. I watched it and I think I got AIDS from how bad it was.
yeah a lot of those early IYH's outside of a match here and there were pretty rough.

I don't think it's the worst ppv ever(my mind is blanking of examples) but I've never been a big fan of wm11.

By Wrestlemania standards Wrestlemania 9 was pretty bad but even by PPV standards it was puke worthy.

tumblr_n4ys69s5Jt1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

It was randomly in Iowa, The NWO arrived on garbage trucks, they held a Miss NWO contest with ugly women, Bischoff and DiBiase did pro-NWO commentary the entire time with no straight man to play off, Every match had Nick Patrick as the crooked NWO ref, the main event ended when Giant had the win over Hogan and Patrick just stopped counting and the NWO attacked him. One of the most pointless PPVS of all time.

tumblr_n4ys69s5Jt1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

It was randomly in Iowa, The NWO arrived on garbage trucks, they held a Miss NWO contest with ugly women, Bischoff and DiBiase did pro-NWO commentary the entire time with no straight man to play off, Every match had Nick Patrick as the crooked NWO ref, the main event ended when Giant had the win over Hogan and Patrick just stopped counting and the NWO attacked him. One of the most pointless PPVS of all time.

There was a record-setting blizzard going on at the time, too, I believe. This led to the stands being bare as Heyman's head.

if i was gonna make a top 5 worst ppv ever from the big 3 ( WWE,WCW,ECW) it would go something like this

1) December to Disemeber (WWE)- When a PPV gets the crowd to chant TNA! its unforgivable.

December to Dismember was that the Extreme Elimination Chamber?? What a POS that was.....

Maybe the ppvs as a whole aren't that bad(been awhile since I last watched them) but the wcw ww3 ppvs weren't good. I remember as a kid being so excited for them and thinking it's so cool but really it's just a collosal clusterfuck. Plus wcw was notoriously bad for how they did split screen camera work anyway, so that just made it worse.

1995 Halloween Havoc had the Monster Truck Sumo match followed by Hogan throwing the Giant off Cobo Hall only for the Giant to reappear and double team bearhug the Hulkster with a 7 foot mummy in a homoerotic fashion.

DHNJ5Qg.gif

KRev5Bw.gif

2) King of the Ring 95 (WWE)- Quite possibly the most poorly booked ppv ever.

3) Hardcore Heaven 97 (ECW)- A show so bad ECW I'm pretty sure disavowed it

4) Road Wild 98 (WCW) - Goldberg going over every possible contender in one match. Brian
Adams vs Steve McMichael.....ugh

5) Wresltlepooloza 98- A show I watched recently that was so bad I honestly don't know why its not mentioned in these type of discussions more often.

Those ECW PPV's were bad but there have been WAAAAAAAAY worse. Hell I'd take either of those shows over most modern day WWE PPV garbage.

What PPV was the junkard hardcore match in WCW? That whole Summer in 99 had some horrible shows in WCW.

What was the wwe ppv in Florence where the power went out?

What was the wwe ppv in Florence where the power went out?
In Your House Beware of Dog in May of 96. Lol. I don't know if that counts for worst ppv though. That's more a case of crazy shit happening

Slamboree 93 is full of boring matches with garbage booking given the Lethal Lottery gimmick.

While not a PPV, the November 1990 Clash is 95% pure trash full of bad gimmicks and terrible wrestlers, mildly saved by a Ric Flair main event

1995 Halloween Havoc had the Monster Truck Sumo match followed by Hogan throwing the Giant off Cobo Hall only for the Giant to reappear and double team bearhug the Hulkster with a 7 foot mummy in a homoerotic fashion.

DHNJ5Qg.gif

KRev5Bw.gif
TS was asking for worst PPVs ever.

Back