WORST NUT SHOT EVER

instantly thought of Ryan Jimmo R.I.P dry heaving after getting kicked by Barroso

An update on Aorigele from the man himself:

Gonzaga vs Chris Tuchscherer is up there in the worst as there was no way in hell that fight should have gone forward. The guy could barely breathe or see straight and it was obvious.

I remember watching that fight and thinking "It seems the ref doesn't know what the rules are".

Then, I read this on Junkie last week: http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/worst-foul-in-ufc-mma-history-for-chris-tuchscherer-groin-shot-low-blow

I'm still not convinced he knows what the rules are in that situation.

“There was all this confusion about, if I didn’t keep fighting, was it a loss or a disqualification or a no-contest?” Tuchscherer said. “No one would tell me what the deal was.”

According to Hagen (the referee), at one point Tuchscherer asked if he would win via disqualification if he stopped.

“I told him, ‘I’m not discussing that with you. I’m just asking if you can continue,’” Hagen said. “He finally got to the point where he said he was ready to go.”

Honest question: Why not discuss the rules with one of the competitors when asked?

Back