Worst losses as a fan?

2010 Iron Bowl. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in the span of about 3 and a half hours.

That game turned on one play. Antoine Carter. Ingram going in for the TD to make it 28-0 and that crazy play by the linebacker coming out of nowhere to make the strip?

One of the greatest efforts I've ever seen in sports.

Canthers patriots super bowl
Canthers broncans super bowl

Game 5 of the 09 Alcs when the cankees crushed the cangels
Game 7 of the NHL wcf a few years ago between the ducks and blackhawks.

The last two were really rough because i dropped a lot of money to attend both those games and the ducks and cangels got crushed in both of them.

That game turned on one play. Antoine Carter. Ingram going in for the TD to make it 28-0 and that crazy play by the linebacker coming out of nowhere to make the strip?

One of the greatest efforts I've ever seen in sports.

Yep. What's even crazier is how rarely Ingram fumbled at Bama, and his fumble changed that entire game.

One month ago today the Falcons led 28-3 with about 2 mins left to go in the Superbowl. So in light of that what is the worst loss/losses you've experienced as a fan?

I'll go with one from each of the 4 major American sports.

The Tyree helmet catch is 1A. Still don't know how Eli wasn't sacked, but yea I wanted that 19-0 perfect season.

1B is the Boone walk off in 03. Could easily be #1 if things didn't happen the way they did in 04, but at the time that was a bad one.

3. Game 6 of the Hawks/Bruins series. Went from heading back to Chicago for game 7 to out in the snap of a finger. Brutal loss...

4. Game 7 of the Lakers/Celtics Finals, Lakers shot 21 FT's in the 4th quarter and the Celtics Big 3 only ends up with 1 Title instead of the 2 they probably should have had. KG's injury in 09 robbed everyone of Celtics/Lakers 3 straight years and that 09 team might have been their best.

Honorable mentions: Game 6 of the East Finals, Celtics led the Heat 3-2 and were at home and Lebron went OFF and then ended up winning his first title. Superbowl 46 another heart breaking loss to the Giants. The Manningham catch, the Welker drop...woof. Then the last one would be the choke job the Bruins had against the Flyers in 2010. Up 3-0 in the series, they blew that and were even up 3-0 in game 7 and blew that as well.

Definitely B's loss to Hawks! Raiders getting robbed by the "tuck rule" as well.

BkGrToc.gif

Probably still wouldn't be over it if Hawks hadn't just won the year before.

I forgot about the Panthers losing to the homo Avs in triple OT of the 96 SCF.

2014 WS game 7...

That one will hurt forever, even after the Royals took the crown in 2015. That takes a ton of the sting off...but Ive never been as dejected as I was about the outcome of a single game in my entire life. Nothing even comes close.

Surprised no Bosox fan has chimed in with "game 6, 1986'.

giphy.gif

Super Bowl 46 is far and away the worst loss for me. That was even worse than the undefeated season because losing twice to the same team in the super bowl....shit. I'm truly stunned and relived at the Patriots run of success they have had sincE then. I thought they were done after super bowl 46

As a long-suffering Leafs fan, their 3rd period game 7 collapse against Boston 3 years ago was pretty rough. They hadn't been in the playoffs in a decade, and they were up 4-1 in the 3rd and ended up losing. But take away the context of the playoffs and just for an individual game, the worst was a game against the Blues about 16 years ago or so. I can remember coming home and turning on the Leafs game, the 3rd period had just started and the Leafs were up 4-0. Tie Domi scores to make it 5-0, and the announcers say that it's his second goal of the night! Wow, I say to myself, I'm definitely gonna watch the rest of this game even though the result is a foregone conclusion, because I want to see if my man Domi can get the hat trick and there are few things in the game cooler than when a tough guy gets one of those. Well, I proceed to watch the Leafs squander their lead and St Louis tied it up in the last minute. Then they scored in the first minute of OT. So the Leafs were up 5-0 in the 3rd period and ended up losing 6-5 in OT.....it's really, really hard being a fan of that team let me tell you.

As a long-suffering Leafs fan, their 3rd period game 7 collapse against Boston 3 years ago was pretty rough. They hadn't been in the playoffs in a decade, and they were up 4-1 in the 3rd and ended up losing. But take away the context of the playoffs and just for an individual game, the worst was a game against the Blues about 16 years ago or so. I can remember coming home and turning on the Leafs game, the 3rd period had just started and the Leafs were up 4-0. Tie Domi scores to make it 5-0, and the announcers say that it's his second goal of the night! Wow, I say to myself, I'm definitely gonna watch the rest of this game even though the result is a foregone conclusion, because I want to see if my man Domi can get the hat trick and there are few things in the game cooler than when a tough guy gets one of those. Well, I proceed to watch the Leafs squander their lead and St Louis tied it up in the last minute. Then they scored in the first minute of OT. So the Leafs were up 5-0 in the 3rd period and ended up losing 6-5 in OT.....it's really, really hard being a fan of that team let me tell you.
Games 6 and 7 of the conference final against the Kings in 93 were pretty rough too.

Games 6 and 7 of the conference final against the Kings in 93 were pretty rough too.

Game 7 still pisses off any Leaf fan who witnessed the bullshit. Gretzky gets away with a blatant high stick then scores the series winning goal....it was so goddamn obvious how bad the league wanted the Kings in the final. Fuck that was so corrupt. My old man went to his grave still cursing that prick Kerry Fraser.

Game 7 against the Bruins in 2013 is the most recent. Feel like 'Nam dog every time I hear the word game 7.

I vaguely remember the Music City Miracle. Mostly because my old man absolutely lost his shit.

The last time that I cared about them, it was the game 7 OT win over the Islanders. Just to put into context how long ago that was here are some other things that happened that year:

- I started to watch college football that year
- Billy Sims edged out Charles White for the Heisman
- I watched my first super bowl (a time at which I had a Six Million Dollar Man lunch pail): Steelers - Cowboys 35-31.

Losing the Tebow overtime game still burns the shit out of me. Our DBs treated DT like he had leprosy.

ANY game when your team is expected to score an easy victory.
if it's a loss after maximum effort due to shitty officiating, that's different.

Back