Worst Injury you've had (Fighting or not)

The Beast

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last April I was playing beer league baseball and was rounding 3rd and got tripped and fell and tore my rotator cuff. I guess it hadn't healed properly because in March of this year I was sleeping and rolled over and my shoulder dislocated and it retore mt rotator cuff and fucked up all the cartilige and tendons in my left shoulder. I have to go have surgery and my doc says that my arm probably won't be able to withstand the riggers of MMA training because I will only get probably 80% movement back. Hopefully he's wrong:) .

3am on a cold winters morning and in darkness I stubbed my toe on the kitchen bench on the way to the toilet. After I hopped the rest of the way there cursing my lungs out, I found that my pinky toenail was missing.

worst training injury would be a dislocated elbow.

I tore my rotator cuff sometime early last year. Then in December last year I subluxated the other shoulder. That was fun :(

- The Jake

Broken collarbone 2 places. That sucked pretty bad.
worst was 2 burst discs in lower back (L5 -S1 and S2-S3 for any anatomy freaks out there)

Tore some muscles on my left side. Not a good thing. They were so bad, I couldn't sleepat night because of the pain. Took 2 months, and lots of anti-inflammatories to get better.

I dislocated me left knee and tore legiments/tendons..... i was playing rugby and someone tried to fly tackle me and hit me from the side and hit my knee.... it still hurts in the cold or when under pressure a year later

Hey Jake hows your rotator cuff healing? Tap a fucked up back is one of the worst injuries you can get. It can/will haunt you the rest of your life.

The arm I tore was fine now. My other shoulder which I subluxated, otoh, is not as good. 7 months later it still clicks a lot and occasionally gives me the irrate when I punch or throw lots of hooks. Apart from that I'm fine.

Bear in mind it's winter here so the cold makes the injuries more pronounced.

Do your rehab and don't rush it and be patient, you'll be fine. You've got the rest of your life to recover and improve.

- The Jake

Originally posted by The Beast
Tap a fucked up back is one of the worst injuries you can get. It can/will haunt you the rest of your life.

thanks for pointing oput my current and future misery to me Beast! To be honest, my back is seriously stronger now than before I hurt it, sounds crazy, but true...

Seldom I know what you lift.... you scare me.... considering you don't touch steroids or anything, I still think you should mod the training forums....

- The Jake

Oh No donegal, that sounds like the worst so far:)

Originally posted by The Jake
Seldom I know what you lift.... you scare me.... considering you don't touch steroids or anything, I still think you should mod the training forums....

- The Jake

thanks mate..I know I pass Trav's pre req's, 300 + bench!

Seldom -
When I hit your age, I hope to be benching around what you are.... or somewhere around Gordy's level HAHAHAHAHAHa

I haven't benched over 300 in ages.. my fucking shoulder and this damn cold weather!

No motivation either! I can squat about 400 for anywhere from 2-4 I'm guessing... my grips for deadlifts suck but I've deadlift 400 for one rep at most... I will get there though (you try and cut carbs and increase power.... fucking hard).

My lifts will go back up in Cali, watch the Strength & POWAAAA forums man....

- The Jake

Stay hungry mate and remember, from the lips of Mickey Goldsmith (Rocky's trainer) "Women weaken legs!"

I am now over the 400 lb mark benching, squatting about 350 + fopr reps after a long lay off of squatting, and deadliftying only about 320 ish after an eqyually long layoff for reps also.

Man I want to get to 120kg so bad! A nice 260+ lbs would be sweet!

Y all the fascination with heavy lifts.

Its not that important. I used to be able to bench over 300 but it fucked up my flexibilty.

I try to lift lighter now and never get injured. I am more flexible and have better endurance.

Its just a cock measuring exercise.

Damn straight and as I have a little dick, I like to try and lift heavy!!

I have been lucky that my flexibility and mobility haven't suffered due to the way I have trained over the years, I haven't suddenly gotten big, it has been gradual and I have always done other thingfs ie Rugby, martial atrs which has kept me mobile and with decent cardio

Only reason you lose flexibiltiy is if you do not keep stretching. If you keep stretching you will not lose it. I could break this down and explain but I'm too drunk and impatient to care....

getting more Beam & coke... brb....

- The Jake

Man I stretch a lot but I still find that my flexibilty suffers bigstyle.

The amount of people I've seen get injuries because they lift too heavy is serious.

I know u know what u are at Jake and ur form is probably good but lifting like this doesn't improve ur MMA game at all.

But I suppose everyone has their reasons for doing the training they are doin.

I just wanna get shit hot at fighting.

Back