Worst finishing IQ Barboza or Soukhamthath?

Barboza's example is not even close. He was gassed and was probably not expecting a knockdown. Sure, he fucked up, but it's not an easy task to go from being dominated to suddenly having a chance at winning.

Soukhamtath looked like he had the time AND the energy to do the right thing, yet he did not.

Barboza literally just had to throw 1 kick or boxing him up squared and he would have a sick finish on his resume. gg to Lee for surviving that and brutalizing him afterward.

Barboza who is one of the most powerful and technical kickers in the game has a guy on skates, so he decides to stroll into wrestling distance and throw a right hand that was too close and immediately go back to losing
giphy.gif

OR
Soukhamthath having a guy on one leg and deciding to let him survive the fight by taking it to the gorund where the leg is less of a factor
Man, tell me about it. Just an upkick to make sure to hit the target or a knee would close the deal so easy.. I have no idea what he was doing.

He trains fighting his entire life, im sure he should have some killer instinct take over and get the finish.

95% other times fighters are able to finish an opponent THAT rocked, no matter what happened in a fight or a fight before. You gotta admit this rarely happens and is highly unusual, that a trained striker reacts this poorly to rocking his opponent... Its almost as if he surprised himself with landing that kick.

Even if he didnt do nothing Kevin would probably fall by himself.

Being a very skilled and trained striker, he should have done better, and it is OK for everyone to expect him to do better, simply cause how he reacted to landing a kick was the worst kind of reaction possible.

Agreed. I bet on Lee and I knew the fight was over when he was doing his Bambi impression. I couldn't believe Barboza didn't simply throw another kick. Its very very bad on Barbozas part. Lee had no defense. I guess im giving souk some leeway though. Souk was so bad that I think he is probably mildly retarded. I mean you probably have to have some kind of learning disability to do what he did. Its beyond stupid

I had the same thought during the fight. At Lee was forcing Edson to defend the takedown and Barboza was already hurt and tired.

Soukhamthath is the worst. O'Malley was literally done. All he had to do was NOT go to the ground

If Barboza had instead thrown a left high kick and had it blocked there would be people criticising his fight IQ saying he should have just walked forward and punched him in the head. I don't really see much wrong in what he attempted, his punch came very close to landing and probably would have finished the fight.

Soukhamthath and O Malley looked fixed as it gets.

Dana’s new mouthpiece character was done for, and Soukhamthath just starts laying on the guy? Everyone at the bar went quiet and was wondering what the hell they were actually seeing.

I don't get why people think that was bad IQ on Barbozas part? The guy was getting beat on for 2 rounds and was pretty tired going into the third. He tried hitting Lee but he shot in for a double. Not a lot of opportunity to finish.

As opposed to just having to stand up?
Do you know how hard is to do a spinning back kick when you are really tired? That should answer your question. He was able to throw the kick with enough force to rock Lee even when the kick hit just the top of the head. He basically gave Lee the support so he had something to hold on to. Otherwise he would just fall to the ground. Edson could just run to him and it would knock him out and the fight would be over.

I don't get why people think that was bad IQ on Barbozas part? The guy was getting beat on for 2 rounds and was pretty tired going into the third. He tried hitting Lee but he shot in for a double. Not a lot of opportunity to finish.

As opposed to just having to stand up?
Because this is sherdog. And if you do something that does not work as a fighter you have no IQ but if it works you are brilliant.

Does not matter that Barboza was almost in zombie mode so many times prior and he was clearly trying to use momentum after the kick to go in and either knee or punch him.

Disappointed with Soukhamthath. Such a badass Egyptian pharaoh name. It would have been cool if he had been a better fighter.

That punch reminds me of a fight I've seen before.

giphy.gif

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Wow people on this forum are dumb

Barboza was exhausted and battered. It was a miracle he got that kick off in the first place. He threw the Hail Mary and it nearly sealed the deal but he needed yo recover as much as Kevin did after throwing that kick. And let's give credit to Lee for getting the take down once Barboza had got away from him. That wasn't easy after getting his brains scrambled

I don't really understand why Barboza choose to throw right hook instead of left hook or uppercut.

He trains fighting his entire life, im sure he should have some killer instinct take over and get the finish.

95% other times fighters are able to finish an opponent THAT rocked, no matter what happened in a fight or a fight before. You gotta admit this rarely happens and is highly unusual, that a trained striker reacts this poorly to rocking his opponent... Its almost as if he surprised himself with landing that kick.

Even if he didnt do nothing Kevin would probably fall by himself.

Being a very skilled and trained striker, he should have done better, and it is OK for everyone to expect him to do better, simply cause how he reacted to landing a kick was the worst kind of reaction possible.

He is not a robot.

All these armchair warriors shitting on Barboza are so clueless its laughable. Barboza was beat down and got over excited when he saw his only chance at winning. You guys have no clue whats its like to fight

Oh, that should go to Soukhamthath...he had more than enough time to realize, that his opponent was pretty much done and enough time to listen to his corner, who was yelling at him...

Barboza on the other hand was allready really worn out by Lee's wrestling and he looked really tired...
But man...Lee was in a perfect position to eat another kick from Barboza, right into his face...and i would've loved it!

Barboza who is one of the most powerful and technical kickers in the game has a guy on skates, so he decides to stroll into wrestling distance and throw a right hand that was too close and immediately go back to losing
giphy.gif

OR
Soukhamthath having a guy on one leg and deciding to let him survive the fight by taking it to the gorund where the leg is less of a factor
I think Barboza was halfway out of it after 1st or 2nd rounds

Back