Worst damage from leg kicks ever? Worse than Faber/Aldo

Do
Jared Torgeson's leg after fight with Thiago Silva - He took 29 kicks to his inside leg

Aftermath

Full Fight

Do you know who justin gaethje is ? Dude has brutalized a few of his opponents

I would rather be Uriajh against Aldo than Etim against Barboza.

Rather have an accumulation on my legs than one to my head.

This and Corey Hill are obvious winners. I can't remember anyone ever breaking their leg as the receiver of leg kicks. Good call.

RIP Corey Hill. Gotta be the tallest lightweight ever at 6'4"
Closest I can remember is Miguel Torres' knee in Legacy kickboxing, but that wasn't a break.

Add in Tyrone Spong to Anderson & Corey, again in kickboxing though.

Jason MacDonald broke his leg the same way, but it was from a TD that went bad, not a kick.

4595601328_710be205ae_o.gif

Pettis and Giblert were lucky that they didn't have to fight Barboza for 5 rounds.

RDA vs Nate was also a leg demolition before Rafael decided to stop kicking and outgrappled him instead.

This is what Jonathan Brookins said about Aldo's leg kicks.

It was unbearable pain. I’d probably say easily one of the most painful moments of my life was the freaking days after the fight.

The hardest weapon in your body that you could throw, if you’re throwing it right, would be your shin. At this velocity and speed and projection and all the weight behind it in your leg, that’s easily the most damaging weapon if used correctly. And that dude (Aldo) will, like, cut your muscle. He’ll cut it to where you’ll bleed inside of your leg internally — to where, to this day, man, my knee will still swell up and have fluid in it. It still has cartilage all out of place because Jose ripped so many of the muscles in my leg. So much blood was draining into my knee after the fight that they kept having to syringe the blood out of my knee for almost two months.

Unless you bruise easily, youre sparring too hard

I don't think anyone is really qualified to say if someone is going too hard, unless you have intimate knowledge of their needs as a fighter.

However, in the case I am talking about, it was more of an all out fight than simple sparring.

That looks gross. I know Cro Cop messed up Yoshida's legs with leg kicks when they fought in PRIDE too.
Came here to post this.

He submitted to low kicks. He fell and couldn't get back up when Cro Cop told him to stand

So who, on the receiving end, can you think of who suffered worse damage than Anderson or Corey Hill?

You are not understanding the point.

A bone break is fast and you are out of the fight fast. It's a terrible injury, but it's completely different.

I remember when people used to give Thiago Silva shit for fake mean mugging. Little did they know, that was him trying to smile...

This. He was one of my favorites when he was still in the UFC. The whole situation outside the octagon was so strange. Especially with the UFC conducting it's own investigation, clearing him, signing him again and then cut him before he could fight again. That probably messed with Thiago a lot. No fights in 2014, 2 brutal losses in 2015, so it's nice to see him on a 3 fight winstreak now. (Albeit not against very impressive opponents.) I don't think we'll ever see him in the UFC again, and he's already 34.

Still one of the most intimidating fighters in MMA in general imo. He just has that look that he's having so much fun hurting you.

Thiago-Silva-UFC-102_1263-760x450.jpg

ufc-Thiago-Silva.jpg
Yeah agreed, its such a shame that all that nonsense stuff happened, it ruined a lot of his career. Silva was very talented, do you remember when Feijao had so much hype and was making his UFC debut and had trained like a mad man for it and was so ripped... and Silva was really fat and totally out of shape for that fight and then look what happened.. Silva beat the absolute shit out of Feijao and knocked him out in first round.. shows how talented he was, didn't even need to train much

Pat Berry did some serious damage with leg kicks, I can't think of the guys name but he couldn't hardly stand.

Basically every Barboza fight that doesn't finish in the first round

I freakin' love leg kicks. Bar none, my favorite technique. I'm a lifelong fan of Barboza, Barry and anyone else who finishes a fight with a leg kick.

low-kick-gif-alves.gif

Back