Worst/corniest dialogue you've heard in a game?

A lot of older games have terrible voice acting. Being born in 1980 and my first console being an Atari 2600 I remember just being in awe when games started having dialog. In other words the crappy voice overs where over shadowed by the cutting edge tech.

Take Shenmue for example. This game was the shit back in the day. I was amazed at how you could interact with everything, but now that I look back the voice acting was corny as hell.

250px-Evolution_Worlds_Coverart.png

Shenmue is the KING of bad voice acting. The game gets all the praise in the world, and deserves most of it. People always seem to forget just how awful the voice acting was though. It always gets left out when it's being discussed for some reason...

I didn't think the Symphony of the Night voice acting was as bad as people make it out to be. Whoever voiced Richter was awful but I thought everyone else was at least serviceable, even if Dracula was way, way over the top.

I didn't think the Symphony of the Night voice acting was as bad as people make it out to be. Whoever voiced Richter was awful but I thought everyone else was at least serviceable, even if Dracula was way, way over the top.

It was also a PS1 game, and having any sort of voice acting was a bonus at the time. It's bad, but easily forgivable. It wasn't really until MGS and GTA came along, that voice acting in videogames became important.

Does anyone else remember how bad Steve was in Resident Evil Code Veronica? The whole series has hilariously cheesy VA, but Steve's nasal whine is horrible.

Shenmue is the KING of bad voice acting. The game gets all the praise in the world, and deserves most of it. People always seem to forget just how awful the voice acting was though. It always gets left out when it's being discussed for some reason...

Back