Worst control scheme in a game. Your thoughts...

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For me, at least in recent times, is undeniably, Watch Dogs 2.

Left Bumper to some open doors but Y to open others? Right trigger to climb ladders? That's just the start. What the fuck were they thinking?

For me, at least in recent times, is undeniably, Watch Dogs 2.

Left Bumper to some open doors but Y to open others? Right trigger to climb ladders? That's just the start. What the fuck were they thinking?

No way to change the control scheme? I hate when they do that.

Also, why not use Y to perform all those misc actions

OG Resident Evils
WCW Nitro was awful from what I remember.

Metroid Prime on Gamecube. I guess we can blame that shitty c-stick for lack of dual analog, but it was impossible going back to a single analog stick FPS game after all those years of playing dual stick FPS games.

Tenchu Z

You had to hold down three buttons to block. It made melee fights extremely unenjoyable.

Old school Tomb Raider just a horrible experience because of the controls.

The original Darksiders, was pretty ass backwards.

I also never liked how on the PS shooters, they used R2 as the trigger, instead of R1 most of the time. Not a deal breaker, but it just never felt natural to me.

the vehicle and plane controls were just terrible in Just Cause 3. Helicopters were okay but trying to use a fighter jet for anything was terrible, especially the camera.

the vehicle and plane controls were just terrible in Just Cause 3. Helicopters were okay but trying to use a fighter jet for anything was terrible, especially the camera.

Speaking of helicopter controls, the GTA4 heli's were a fucking nightmare to control.

7518-primal.jpg

ruined the fuckin game man

Anyone remember actually trying to use one of these?
300px-NES-Power-Glove.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 controls were pretty weird and the camera views too.

Anyone remember actually trying to use one of these?
View attachment 293717

My neighbor had it. I was too young to really appreciate what a genuine piece of shit it was. I thought it was kind of neat that it did...something when you moved your arm. Regardless, both me and the other kid, would always just end up using the controller it had on the sleeve, after the extremely short lived novelty wore off.

It was the same experience as those shitty "control ring" things they used to sell. The ones where you stand in the ring, and punch and kick to control the game. People today wonder how those things ever sold more than two units, but kids back then were just enamored with the idea, more than the actual execution.

We got conned on a lot of garbage back then, simply because we were sold on the "wave of the future" bullshit, and if it was even 10% functional, we still thought it was kind of neat.

My neighbor had it. I was too young to really appreciate what a genuine piece of shit it was. I thought it was kind of neat that it did...something when you moved your arm. Regardless, both me and the other kid, would always just end up using the controller it had on the sleeve, after the extremely short lived novelty wore off.

It was the same experience as those shitty "control ring" things they used to sell. The ones where you stand in the ring, and punch and kick to control the game. People today wonder how those things ever sold more than two units, but kids back then were just enamored with the idea, more than the actual execution.

We got conned on a lot of garbage back then, simply because we were sold on the "wave of the future" bullshit, and if it was even 10% functional, we still thought it was kind of neat.
Nintendo had a million gimmicky "controllers" back in the day. My friend had a whole chair with controls on the arm rests. The only one s that was any fun was the powerpad and the zapper

Speaking of helicopter controls, the GTA4 heli's were a fucking nightmare to control.
I only remember Just Cause 2 jet controls. I don't recall there being a rudder, so trying to fine tune flight was impossible.

GTA IV Helicopter missions were awful, especially that early one in the ballad of Gay Tony on some yacht. I think I raged quit on myself after a several attempts. It's one thing to have such shitty controls, but another to have to replay so much of a mission. I'm glad they finally improved that with GTA V
edit, found it!

Vic City stories on the PSP was the worst GTA control scheme, as they threw more enemies at you. I can't recall how many times I failed this mission

Worst control scheme in any game was Anarchy online, total garbage

I only remember Just Cause 2 jet controls. I don't recall there being a rudder, so trying to fine tune flight was impossible.

GTA IV Helicopter missions were awful, especially that early one in the ballad of Gay Tony on some yacht. I think I raged quit on myself after a several attempts. It's one thing to have such shitty controls, but another to have to replay so much of a mission. I'm glad they finally improved that with GTA V
edit, found it!

LOL, yeah. The controls were bad enough, having to manage the camera, and the unwieldy helicopter. TBOGT then threw some guns in there, that you have to accurately fire, on top of the shit sandwich. That mission was so goddamn frustrating.

What is with GTA and helicopters though? It's like they try their best to make as unnecessarily annoying as possible. Remember that shit mission in GTA: VC, with the mini-copter and the construction site? You have to plant bombs in specific areas, on like four floors, all while dealing with running into steal beams and walls, and enemies trying to knock out of the air.

LOL, yeah. The controls were bad enough, having to manage the camera, and the unwieldy helicopter. TBOGT then threw some guns in there, that you have to accurately fire, on top of the shit sandwich. That mission was so goddamn frustrating.

What is with GTA and helicopters though? It's like they try their best to make as unnecessarily annoying as possible. Remember that shit mission in GTA: VC, with the mini-copter and the construction site? You have to plant bombs in specific areas, on like four floors, all while dealing with running into steal beams and walls, and enemies trying to knock out of the air.
Wasn't there some old windbag in a limo you couldn't skip? Man, the thought of that fucking mission reignites my

source.gif

Wasn't there some old windbag in a limo you couldn't skip? Man, the thought of that fucking mission reignites my

Yeah, Avery...something or other. I believe Burt Reynolds was the voice, and yes, that cut scene is burned into my brain.

Remember that shit mission in GTA: VC, with the mini-copter and the construction site? You have to plant bombs in specific areas, on like four floors, all while dealing with running into steal beams and walls, and enemies trying to knock out of the air.
Fucking Burt Reynolds. LOL

Back