Worst Big Name Fights That Looked Good on Paper?

Correct answer is Aldo vs McGregor

Kimbo/Houston. I know Houston isn't that big of a name but he had shown to be violent at. Then you have the big banger in kimbo. Was a horrific fight
Really? Thought there was a decent amount of action plus tension because each fighter could put the other guy out rather quickly.

I've always said that was an underrated fight.

Rich Franklin vs Forrest Griffin

Before fight, many people were saying this could be fight of the year. And well...it wasn't.

Rory McDonald V Wonderboy Thompson
I'm convinced that fight was a work agreed between the two fighters.
Rory was already negotiating with Bellator and Stephen is his buddy.
They danced and shadow-boxed and Rory took a no-damage L for his buddy to set up the Wonderboy title shot.

Edit.
I only think Dana allowed it because Wonderboy was his great white hope.

Aldo Frankie at UFC200

Thought it was boring sorry
Well, it was very technical and intense iirc, but I read you.

Ngannou-Black Beast takes the cake. Not because it’s recent, but because it was historically awful. It was just not happening.

Agreed. Oddly enough probably my favorite fight of all-time. It was more like a sparring match with taunting but it was just amazing to see someone else clown Anderson. At the time they were probably my two favorite fighters. I enjoyed it for what it was.

How did he clown him? By getting beat up and losing the fight? You Diaz nuthuggers are delusional. That fight was garbage.

Great list, but have to disagree with the first one. We got this gem out of that fight.
laydown.gif

Nuthugger

Correct answer is Aldo vs McGregor

Really? Thought there was a decent amount of action plus tension because each fighter could put the other guy out rather quickly.

I've always said that was an underrated fight.

I don't know what the hell you were watching lol

Seriously? You find Diaz-Condit more dissapointing than Ngannou-Lewis?
First one had almost 300 strikes, the second had 30.

Well for one, the buildup was way bigger for Diaz Vs Condit and it was a main event. Also, Although Ngannou Vs Lewis was ridiculous, HWs fights are many times a bit of a snooze fest when both guys are afraid of the other guys power. It wasn't as much of a shocker as Diaz Vs Condit which was a supposed guaranteed banger.

rampage and shad for sure
diaz vs condit

Back