World Football Discussion 14/15 V1: More Matches, More Banter, Maximum Rustle

Halilovic with his first dive in barca colors.
It's so heartwarming

was busquets proud?

There was actually contact and no card, so Busi was unimpressed, but sees this kid's potential.

But seriously ,Halilovic just took an amazing volley from the edge of the box. He was on target, it just happened to curl to the keeper's chest.

Goddamn this kid amazing. Really, he looks a class above everyone. If he and Adama can step up this year, bah god

Enrique has proved with this that he's about Pep's Barca.
I haven't seen closing down like that since Pep left. Very good signs.

Juan Roman comes on and scores off a Delofeu shot that was deflected.
1-0 Barcelona

Tottenum vs sounders friendly is about to start. Being aired on espn2

Wow so I just read on Yahoo sports that Dunga is a front runner for the Brazil coaching position because of his close ties with Gilmar Rinaldi.

Horrible HORRIBLE news if true if you are a fan of Brazil. Dunga was easily the worst coach Brasil had in my lifetime and recently got fired from Internacional for being a can. I would hope there is a national revolt if they sign him on but on the plus side there is no way he lasts 4 years. I'll never forgive him for leaving an in form Adriano (Imperador) off the WC squad in 2010 in place of cans like Robinho b/c he was trying to be the morality police. That was just one of many reasons why he sucked but for me that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Dunga should be banned from ever coaching in Brazil at any level, he is that bad imo

Wow so I just read on Yahoo sports that Dunga is a front runner for the Brazil coaching position because of his close ties with Gilmar Rinaldi.

Horrible HORRIBLE news if true if you are a fan of Brazil. Dunga was easily the worst coach Brasil had in my lifetime and recently got fired from Internacional for being a can. I would hope there is a national revolt if they sign him on but on the plus side there is no way he lasts 4 years. I'll never forgive him for leaving an in form Adriano (Imperador) off the WC squad in 2010 in place of cans like Robinho b/c he was trying to be the morality police. That was just one of many reasons why he sucked but for me that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Dunga should be banned from ever coaching in Brazil at any level, he is that bad imo

GraciousRedBetafish.gif

If Brazil wasn't too full of pride, they would outsource the NT coach job.

Let's face it. There's not a single Brazilian coach that plays a lyrical style ala Tele Santana in '82. None.

Why can't Brazil hire a foreign coach? Are they that nationalistic?

Why can't Brazil hire a foreign coach? Are they that nationalistic?

Because CBF doesn't want to. Brazilians have been asking for a foreign coach for a while, they wanted Guardiola for the Brazil WC but CBF said no because they were afraid of the backlash in case Brazil lost. If Dunga is really the next coach he isn't going to last long as Fists said and they'll have no choice other than getting someone else, hopefully a foreign coach

If he finally gets the job then I guess it's safe to assume CBF has no interest in winning the sixth cup.

Because CBF doesn't want to. Brazilians have been asking for a foreign coach for a while, they wanted Guardiola for the Brazil WC but CBF said no because they were afraid of the backlash in case Brazil lost. If Dunga is really the next coach he isn't going to last long as Fists said and they'll have no choice other than getting someone else, hopefully a foreign coach

Good to know, I was wondering what do Brazilians feel about that idea. I was under the impression that it was all about nationalism.

Good to know, I was wondering what do Brazilians feel about that idea. I was under the impression that it was all about nationalism.

Same here. It would be beneficial for them at this point.

BtBbuEdIIAAGto0.jpg

Brilliant photo from Rangers' friendly v Sacramento Republic in California. Carnival atmosphere indeed!

It's largely about nationalism/prestige/pride though. Maybe less from the fans and more from the federation.

Brazil and Argentina have never had foreign coaches in their entire histories and it's something they're proud of. They export coaches, they export players, they even export players to other top countries' national teams (Italy, Spain, Germany) so they rightly feel like they're the two biggest soccer factories in the world.

Them bringing a foreign coach would be a big blow to the ego.

Back